1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-jet Instrumentation Console change

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by arpan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Is it possible to replace my Linea's Instrumentation console [White -classy] with Punto's 90hp console [Black -Sporty] ? Will it void guarantee ? How much will it cost ?

2011 FIAT Linea T-jet Instrumentation Console.jpg

2010-Grande-Punto-90hp-India-Instrumentation-Console.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I dont think its possible.

Firstly, the sensors in both would be different , or having different calibrations, so your readings can go all haywire. ( Different gearboxes, different wheel sizes , so , haphazard Speedometer readings will be there for sure)

Secondly, as i can see from the pics , the T-JET has a few additional warning lights on the console than the Punto . So you stand to lose them if you change it.

The service centre guys would never agree to such a thing, until and unless FIAT designs a similar one for the TJET , which as you know is an impossibility.

However , what is possible is if someone can create a decal which imitates the Punto's console layout and that could be stuck on top of the TJET console after removing the protective plastic. Even this is easier said than done.

So, enjoy the retro dials. They look cool and upmarket.

Gurjinder.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Check with the dealer... I think most of the controls and the indicators are similar...
    I too think the punto's console would look better
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i was also interested in the same as the meter in dynamic pk is different from emotion. there was a total loss linea at my SC but that car is now to be refurbished so my hopes have gone.
  5. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Thank you for the replies :) . I'll contact the workshop guys if its possible.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The Punto's dash Board looks more elegant than the Linea, How about the picture at night with the dash board light on....,
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    First of all you need a Punto instrument cluster (Preferably a non working cluster from a total loss vehicle)
    Remove the Punto black dials (It is removable)
    Remove the T-Jet white dials.
    Install Punto dials in Linea's instrument cluster.

And you would also require a Non reflective tape which can be put on the silver area of Instrument cluster.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @arpan, to be frank LINEA & punto are both different cars...instrument cluster in punto is sporty, where as LINEA's is classy, luxurious!! & technically MID of linea n punto are lil bit different.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I think the dials are made up of paper. The speedometer needle,Rev needle,fuel,and temperature needle, can be removed by turning them anti-clockwise. Then the dial paper needs to be replaced with the one of the punto.
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @arpan

instead of so much hassles..y not import the console from brazil/turkey?? and then it wud be a straight fit without any problem i guess..Brazilian Linea Tjets have the black dials...