1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-JET+ got ICE'd

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Linea-Lover, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Guys, Finally the T-Jet has been ICE'd.

Here are the images of the items.

1. The Rainbow SLC265 Kickbass.

IMG_0456.jpg

Handmade in Duetschland :dance
    IMG_0457.jpg

Everything pretty neatly packed. Some kinda book, don't whats that for :lol:
    IMG_0458.jpg

The mid-range speakers.
    IMG_0460.jpg

Nice finish quality.
    IMG_0461.jpg

The BIG cross-overs.
    IMG_0462.jpg

Thats quite spartan. Give them to the Chinese, they'll pack the whole thing in 1/4th the space ;).
    IMG_0463.jpg

The tweeters. They come in 3 pieces so as to ease the installation and can be fitter practically anywhere depending upon the space availability and preference.
    IMG_0465.jpg

The components for the rear door.
    IMG_0467.jpg

The mid-range. Again similar build quality.
    IMG_0468.jpg

Comparatively smaller cross-overs.
    IMG_0471.jpg

Last but not the least, the Alpine PXE-H650 DSP.
    IMG_0472.jpg

These are all the items contained in the box.
    IMG_0473.jpg

The unit isn't that big. I was expecting something slightly bigger than that. But, till it does its job, everything is fine.
    IMG_0474.jpg

Inputs, Outputs and other connections on the Alpine.
    IMG_0475.jpg

Everything is provided alongwith the box. The Mic for tuning, CD with tuning tracks and software, connectors, IR Remote, Batteries for the Remote, IR Sensor for the remote, Fuse, LED for indications.
    IMG_0477.jpg

Balance list of items are:

Infinity Kappa 120.9w sub with enclosure.
    Infinity Kappa 1 amp for the sub.
    Infinity Ref. amp for the components.
    Scosche Wiring kit.
    Scosche Damping kit.
    1 person likes this.
  2. With the stock speakers, the max volume I could go was 12. Beyond that, lets not talk about it . So, I didn't even knew what the max. volume is. Well it goes all the way upto 40.
    Sat in the car for a demo and the volume was set at 15. The song started playing, it was crystal clear and then the sub kicked in... MY GOOODDDD!!! It was BRILLIANT. I raised the volume to 20 and the seats started vibrating giving a good massage to the back . Raised it further to 25 and the hair (on my head) started to vibrate as well. This puff of wind going through them with every beat the sub played. That is exactly what I wanted, not to hear but to feel the bass. Spot on. The treble from the tweeters is also very nice at high volumes it is not piercing or sharp. The Mid-range is very nice as well. No distortion what so ever and absolutely clear.

The guy says "Sir, the gain of the Mono is set at half" .
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, looks pretty decent items.

What is "Alpine PXE-H650 DSP" for?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    #$#%^ & @#$$% ( Limitations of a public forum!)

Insane stuff. ::T

Gurjinder.
  5. Ravi: The HU in Fiats don't come with pre-outs to be connected directly to the amp. So in order to give a flat signal input to the amplifier I've used the Alpine DSP which takes the amplified and processed sound from the amplifier built into the head unit and converts it to flat signal which then becomes the input to the amplifiers.

Thanks Gurjinder. It sure is. Wanted a sub in the car for the last 10 years, but that never happened. This time it did :).
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Awesome stuff.... The sound in the car must be mind blowing.....
    How much did all this cost you?
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have to agree that is one of the best choice of speakers you could have made in that price range.....run them well and u'll soon realize the sheer brilliance of the SLC's

seeing that u have opted for the SLX in the rear as components wont the tonalities of both the components become different.
    where have the tweeters been mounted - A piller/stock location/on the dash ?????
    Which ref. series amp have u opted for ???
    Where did u get the install done ???

pls a break of costs for each item will b nice
  8. thanks sid10000 and Phew.

The entire setup cost me around 1.2 lakhs. I'll provide the break-up soon as quite a few bills are still pending and I haven't received them.

The tweeters for the SLC have been mounted in the stock location whereas for the SLX they have been mounted near the quarter glass at the C Pillar.
    The ref. amp is the 475A.
    I got the installation done here in Ahmedabad. The shop is Racing Hub and guys name is Darshan.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    what is that Alpine PXE-H650 DSP? Is it an amp? Do we get Alpine Sub Woofers
  10. @kedarbendre: As I mentioned earlier the Alpine PXE H650 is a digital signal processor. As the HU in the Fiats don't have a pre-out to be connected to the amp directly one way is to use an amp which takes in Line Input from the HU directly. But that somehow is too much of processing to be done by the amp. It has to first convert the signal to a flat signal and then amplifiy. However, the amp actually is not aware of what and how much amplification is done by the HU itself as it has no reference point. That is where the Alpine comes into picture. While tuning the DSP, as you can see that a MIC is provided alongwith the unit, it uses the Mic as input from speakers which is the amplified and processed signal from the HU. As we play the tunes provided along with the DSP, it has a reference set for those tunes in it. It compares the two and then processes it to remove the everything from the signal and convert it to a flat signal. This is then sent to the amplifier for further processing and amplification. Result is that you get much better sound quality.

I hope I was able to put my point forward clearly :).