1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-jet going Left side

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by ashish27, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    I have been facing issue of my Jet moving to Left side.
    Got Alignment & Tyre balancing done 3 times

Speed Fiat; Chandigarh -Service center got vehicle chassis re-aligned & got some bolt changed underhood on camber
    Tyres are 4 nos 5000km old Bridgestone AR-10. good silent tyres. They even done inside out for front tyres

Fiats service center jet was there for 3-4 days.
    Little corrected But again same thing cropped up

What could be the possible cause ???
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Ashish, Please post your alignment report.
  3. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    3 Reports

dtd 16/11 & 3/12/2013

Attached Files:

4. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

If alignment is within spec, below are the few other reasons for pull
    1) Catchy brakes - check if your LH brakes are getting over heat (than RH)
    2) Worn out wheel bearings / tie rod - alignment is checked / set at static condition, if the bearing / tie rod is worn out it will affect the dynamic alignment
    3) Tire pressure
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Most Fiat cars have a tendency to 'pull' towards left side. This is a common observation/complaint.
    In your case, is the 'pull' very pronounced? Also, have you observed it on all roads? In India, we can never trust the road conditions, you know.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  6. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Just wanted to add that not only Fiat cars, all cars in a country like ours with RHD steering SHOULD pull only towards LEFT (No pull is the ideal condition, but it is almost impossible to manufacture all cars with zero pull. There is a acceptable limit of pull described by each OEM)
    Reason: If at all the car pulls, it should try to move outside the road (lane) rather than pulling towards the oncoming traffic and making a room for head-on collision.
  7. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Very true! Additionally, 'Pull' is also attributed to the camber of the road.
    Fiat cars are known to pull more than the other cars. It is often dismissed as a 'character' of the car. I've seen alignment centres struggle to get the alignment right, more often than not, these 'struggles' ending in frustrations!
    I was merely pointing that out. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk