1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Struts quality

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Linea2009, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Linea2009

Linea2009

pune
    Hi,

I have the 2009 MJD Emotion and have changed the front struts and strut pads under warranty in May 2011.

Now I am hearing similar noises as i heard tht time and service center is telling me that the suspension is again showing signs of trouble.

My question to the experts here is that:

Should I again get a warranty replacemt (extended warranty is in force - im not sure if suspension is covered in this)

OR

If there are any other make struts that are of better quality than the OEM then please advise.

regards,

Sudhanshu
  2. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    I have had to get my car's front struts replaced twice in a span of one month. This was after 2 years of usage. Apparently my car had struts with older design and the new one's are supposed to be better. They did not fit them correctly in the first attempt, but it's fine after the 2'nd replacement. Try getting the replacement done in warranty. If it doesn't help, try other options. Warranty on struts is valid up to 35000 kms. Extended warranty is applicable as long as odo reading is less than 35000 kms. Mine is a 2009 Punto MJD. I think this issue is common across Punto and Linea.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have the TASS guys told you the exact problematic part which needs replacement? Is it just the elastic pads or the complete strut including these pads.

Go for a warranty claim (if you're still covered ; details are as Keshav outlined above) whatever the part.

Cheers.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No ! In regular warrantee of 2 years there is no criteria of 35000 km for suspension parts. I had got replacement of sturts in warrantee of my former 75 BHP after crossing 35000 km Yes ! After expiry of regular warrantee if you have extended warrantee then limit of 35000 Km is applicable.Mods please stick the banner of this fact. Coz many TFI members are misguided by TATA ASS in this issue.
  5. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    OK. Thanks for the correction. I had got it replaced when my car was in extended warranty. TATA ASS did not try to misguide me regarding the warranty.