1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea SS specification - by Torque 7

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by drifter, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Drifter, this is takin a bit too long. I cant hold on to my Horses, 200 of them. ::V

Details, details, details !!!!!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks like Drifter is in his garage checking out his inventory for "availability of parts for FIAT" :lol:
    So that there is no bashing for unavailability of parts later on.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Where is my post gone to ?

I have posted, but it has landed in limbo.

The parts landed in India will be about 3.5lakh, which includes a brake upgrade. Fitting and re-mapping will be another 1 lakh.

If you wish to go further from there it is no problem. 260bhp is safe on the European engine and I take it that the Indian spec engine is identical.

The block is safe for 360bhp as proven in endurance racing. But to achieve this a lot of other work is included.

If you want to make the car even better, then we can give it the light weight treatment. This would be replacing the removed components by superior quality materials that are lighter (not stripping the car out and giving you a set of ear plugs).

The engine conversion to 200 pounds does not do any harm to the engine at all. I just have purchased another Fiat Seicento, which will get a twin turbo T-Jet egine transplanted where I am heading for 260bhp. Once it is finished I am planning to bring her over to Mumbai.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    great news peter.

seems to be a costly affair. but nothing comes cheaper when reliability and power both come together.

somehow i feel if you can have swap in package for 1.4 NA petrolheads to transform into turbo with good cost , that will be bingo and boon to many people out here. :car
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    It certainly can be done cheaper, but I would not do it cheaper because I do not want to get power gains that might backfire on the user. All components are tried and tested for a long time.

But when you look at the bright side. A Linea SS would be a very quick and composed car, which is at least as exclusive as a 500 but tripple the power and not much more expensive.

Since Ansal has not responded as yet I take it he is digging out his credit card for the booking. :mrgreen:
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Nopes he has gone out to figure out which bank has to be robbed :mrgreen: for that amount :D
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    :evilsmile viny that was awesome.

drifter how about turbo kit for NA 1.4 petrol cars.

people are selling 1.4 and buying the tjet. turbo on their car will be cheaper than selling and buying new car.

tuners in india charge between 1-2 lacs for turbo with the ecu.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Absolutely well said sir ::T

The funniest thing is, im a banker by profession. My employers need to be beware of me :hit

@ Drifter, the cost is out of my budget. The project sounds and look absoulute drool material, but my budget would have been max £1500-2000, nothin more than that. May be, i was expectin lil bit too much for that cost.

As attractive as the project is, it wont make financial sense at that price point. Sorry to disappoint you mate. Im almost about to invest a bit into another project as well for the Jet
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    4.5 L to modify a car worth 9.5? the project sounds awesome though but doesnt make any financial sense to me....
    However thats just my opinion...
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    You would not even get the parts needed for it.

The problem you have with the T-Jet is that a number of sensors need changing, pipes need to be adapted (which means changing), the manifold needs upgrading and the ECU needs changing (because the T-Jet electronics is designed not to be compatible with the upgrade) etc. The total work time on fitting the parts is about 13 hours.

Also we supply the brake upgrade kit with it, which is a genuine Brembo conversion.

Of course we can always do things cheaper, but I am not selling a package on cheapness rather then on quality. you want to be safe on the roads and t5he conversion should last for years without any unforseen problems. After I have done the conversion I don't want to see coming back to me unless for a beer or an upgrade to the next level.