1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Sound Cracking after adding amp and volumne up than 25

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Jilesh, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jilesh

Jilesh Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I have linea 1.3 2010 model. Recently I added an sony 4 channel amp N1004 and Focal Component Integration series speaker and Focal Co axial speakers to rear. I have also added JBL Output Box with 4 Channel Output. All wire are of branded company. The problem is that when volume reaches more than 25 or sometime even on 20 there are misses in sound. I can hear 1 second the other second is gone and same goes on till i put my speaker volume below 25 or even lower. The person who installed all the setup says it is due to battery while i checked my battery but it is in good condition. I Still have to install 2x subwoofer but i am afraid that after so much of money input i cant put my volume more than 25. Kindly help with it if anyone idea how to solve such problem.

Thank you
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Does it misses or 'hisses'. Unable to understand exactly the issue. Does it drop sound like quick pause and restart. If it's hissing it is possible ground earthing cable of amp is not properly attached. There is ground cable at left door front near foot well plastic covering. There is a bolt with wire attached there. Remove that bolt and reattach amp cable if it isn't attached there. Attaching the amp earthing to seat bolt by peeling off paint on floor is a very bad idea if he has done that. Esp. since Fiat has provided earthing point. The hissing should go. Are you using factory headunit, then make sure you are using line in compatible amp. Certain line to rca convertors are not good either. And also please check the impedance rating of amp or speakers. If your installer shop owner cannot understand these things technically you probably should find a better installer.
    And do not accept a compromise of using noise filters/suppressors.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. Jilesh

Jilesh Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    It does drop sound like pause and start. I have checked all wiring twice and replaced some of them with high quality. I am using the factory HU. Earthing is also in good condition and i am using very high quality wire. Line to RCA convert is from JBL. I tried another amplifier from a friends car which also having 1000w capacity and my Sony 1004N is also having 1000w capacity but it does not drop on that amplifier. I dont think my sony amp have any problem because if it had problem then my woofer wont work because woofer consumes more power than my speakers. the woofer i havent mentioned above but i added it yesterday which is rockford fosgate p3l-s10 300W RMS/600w Peak.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Your installer have turned up gain a little high turn it down till it stops clipping.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Check gains again. I hope amp isn't going in protection mode. Try changing RCA convertor with other brand for some time.

Some newer Fiats had an issue with headunit wiring. Please make sure that isn't the fault. What model and year is your car.
  6. Jilesh

Jilesh Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I have tried to lower gain but still the problem arises. My cars model is linea emotion pack 2010 model. Going to visit sony service center today. Lets see if i find solution.