1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea service before or after the trip?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by PankajJoshi, Oct 7, 2013.

1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Friends,
    I will be driving Hyderabad – Lonavala – Hyderabad (~1200 kms) in second half of November. Annual service for my Linea is due in December.

Should I

• Get the service done before or after the trip? OR
    • Just the usual fluids etc check up

Car has done 27K in last 4.5 years and has been driven ~10K after the last service. There are no issues as such, except the occasional vibrations from engine. Has a new battery since last 3 months and brake pads since last service.

Just in case the answer is to service before the trip, in the preparation, I called AV motors Jeedimetla today at 9:45AM, to check if I need 3 week prior appointments for service and the pleasant answer was, “Sir, we have free pickup-drop service. Shall I send the driver today?” :p

Thanks,

Pankaj
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My suggestion would be to get servicing done before drive and get it done at-least 1 week before drive. You can use 1 week to see if all things are working fine or get it corrected.
    3 people like this.
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Wow , what a coincidence , i had the same question in my head over the last 2 days since i am going for a 800 odd KM drive next week as well. My ODO stands at 3000 and i was wondering whether i should get it done before or after - in my case however have decided later because the last bit taxes the car quite a bit and i would rather complete the drive and then come back and get everything sorted out rather than getting it serviced and then having things going wrong.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    In your case, it's just going to be the checkup rather than the first actual service involving fluids and filter change. So if the car is driving fine, just enjoy the drive. The checkup is at 5000km's or 6 months whichever is earlier ( IIRC)

Cheers.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yes sir , check up not service - sorry hangover from previous brands!! But i will be getting the engine oil changed and definitely replace the air filter as well.

1 person likes this.