1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Anumodh,
    I think you do not need to worry, as your car is still below 60K and 4 years.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    05 Jan 2015 : The republic completes 50,000 kms

Today, on the way back from office, it crossed 50,000 kms on the odo. And it is my 500th post in this forum!
    Just 3 weeks shy of 2 years.
    50000.JPG

Got a paint protection treatment from 'Autoglare' done in the Amigos car wash inside technopark. It was essentially an one man army. Paid 3500₹. Yet to see it in daylight.

Getting the treatment.
    Autoglare-treatment.JPG

After finish
    After-paint-protection.JPG
    He says the support is life long. But, I could not find his shop's details on the internet. He did not even have a receipt. I will get one tomorrow. will get his shop's details as well.

Given that I may travel again soon, it was kind of a viable option, without leaving the car to far away experts.
    prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yet to complete 2 years and 50K clocked,, great going @limraj !

And congrats for superiore tag too :)
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you @pabhishek.
    Hmm, my target was 60,000 ;) If one or two of the long trips I had planned was materialized, I would have crossed that.

Today, got wheel balancing, rotation and alignment done.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 6, 2015 ---
    At Hot wheels, Technopark for balancing and alignment.
    A dental clinic has started working on the floor above hot wheels, hence their ad is easily seen.

50035-alignment-hotweels.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2015 ---
    At Hot wheels, Technopark for balancing and alignment.
    A dental clinic has started working on the floor above hot wheels, hence their ad is easily seen.
    I had done a rotation at 45,000km as well. But the front left tyre had 1 puncture. So, rotated again. Now the front tyres are at the back.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Between Jan 11 to Apr 10, I had been in Europe (and drove in 10 more countries !!!) leaving the car in law's place.
    Got the car used by relatives. But, not that much. This time it did not fail to start, anyways.
    On Jan 26, the car was reaching 2 years and hence, got the gear oil, coolant, clutch oil changed at Pinnacle Fiat, Kochi as they agreed to pick up and drop the car.
    Also, got the under-chasis coating done.
    The guy at Pinnacle said they would remove the bents from engine guard. I was sure that it may not have bent as underbelly seldom scraped and asked for a photo of the bent. He then backed off.

The car had lost some air, but otherwise, they had kept it clean.
    I attended some relative's wedding, travelled with my daughter in the car-seat, between her father's and mother's houses :).
    Last Sunday, one of the colleague's mother also joined us. He checked her about the car. She gave a good score. "ഈ കാറിനു നല്ല ബലം ഉണ്ട്. കുലുക്കവും അറിയില്ല." means, the car feels strong and undulations are not felt.
    The colleague is searching to upgrade from Swift. I have suggested Linea, of course. He says he does not like the looks of new lineas from 2014. Not sure of his mother's experience would change his decision.
    varunrtr likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Some random pictures
    At Manalur, Thrissur - one girl from this place joined the extended family on May Day.

a5903f3f411e6cbc2de3b4ffced90f0e.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Wheel alignment and balancing done at Hot wheels, kulathur. Camber of both front and rear tyres on the right side are outside limits. No uneven wear though b52a141a3899b6f4f6b49abbbfaed995.jpg
    I had the opportunity to drive the car in to the slot, as there was no technician at that time who could drive.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    01 Jun 2015: got the alignment issue on the rear wheel fixed at Hyson, Kochi. I just walked in at about 12:30 pm and got the car fixed at about 3:30pm. Met a new friendly and thoroughly professional service advisor named Vineet. Having another FASS nearby is helpful.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    01 Jun 2015: got the alignment issue on the rear wheel fixed at Hyson, Kochi. I just walked in at about 12:30 pm and got the car fixed at about 3:30pm. Met a new friendly and thoroughly professional service advisor named Vineet. Having another FASS nearby is helpful.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    92fbd62acf7a4e2c5537c7ef33913f7d.jpg
    At Hyson workshop.