1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you.
    Even to me.

The boot was clean when I had parked it the previous day evening. I did not expect she would place the grains on it when she knew that I would leave early. And then she forgot. In fact, she did not have woken up by the time I left.
    Usually, I would put some items (fruits etc) in the boot. This time I had only my office bag.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Going for 45,000 km service tomorrow. The first paid service. qehaqe4u.jpg

Since my car had developed alignment issues at the rear wheels, which took 5 attempts to fix it, I took to local alignment guys to check it re surfaced again.
    I had a sigh of relief when they said OK.
    asa5uhyn.jpg
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    45K service done yesterday. ₹7770/-.
    The ghost of rear wheel alignment issue comes back.
    Hopefully it is going to be less of an issue as Mohandas motors is trying to arrange for a loan vehicle when my car will be at service station.

I suggested them to replace power steering, coolant, gear oil etc as in another 4 months or so, it will be 2 years after delivery. I do not think I will run 15K in those 4 months (ie, nearly 4K per month). But, they did not change the oils. Two reasons, one being the oils are perfectly OK now. Second, they said they would be questioned by FIAT if they change the oils earlier.!!!

Mohandas motors has got a new service manager, new 'reminder calls' and even a more friendly SA (Hari).... Things are improving.
    They even said they would open FIAT exclusive service centre in October!
    prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Arthunkal Church, 22 Sep 2014.

IMG_3803.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2014 ---
    44444 km, Onam, 2014

IMG_3687.JPG
    Riding a Jengar, at Kumbalangi Ferry, 22 Sep 2014

IMG_3800.JPG
    Made it Emotion Absolute, with a Kromex logo of Absolute, purchased from 99rpm. My first DIY stuff.. The middle branch of `E` is not horizontal. But, yet, a DIY !
    Oh! Forgot to drag the photo in.

IMG_3719.JPG
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    prabhjot, pabhishek and Ravi like this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    2014 October 09: Leaving to UK, Republic to remain idle.
    Time to leave Linea idle for some time. Visiting UK on business.
    Drove it from office to Ernakulam which would probably be my long drive for some time from now.
    Odo reads a 47,000 km +
    In approx 20.5 months (about 2300 km/month).
    6e9578a5aca957e5f3acf528c7c40907.jpg
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    8ebc946a81d7aa8634936e2f5ceef09d.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2014 ---
    In fact, had made arrangements to get the car rolling once in a while, asked co-brother to use the Republic instead of his regular cars once in a while.
    But, it took 3 weeks when he would arrive. 2 days before, father in law tried to start the car, it would not. Finally got the help of the FASS, Hyson Kochi to jump start the car. They took a hefty sum of 750₹ as service charge. What more the next day, they called up to say, there is some variation in the timing chain noise and it would cost 10,000₹. Father in law rejected a fix with such a cost and they offered it to be done under warranty for 2000/-. I am seeking expert's opinion on this.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi likes this.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    2014 Nov 20: A comment by a relative, who has taken the Republic for a short ride : Its a lot smoother and more powerful after the timing chain change... That sounds very good to me..!
    prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    2014 Dec 27 : Reached back from UK, Take back Linea.

Odo before I started using it : 49532 (ie, it was used 2514 kms when I was away for 2.5 months).
    'Check stop light' warning was appearing on the MID and RR brake bulb had gone kaput.
    Took to the FASS, HYSON in Kochi and on the way, felt like it was smoother after timing chain replacement. Also did not feel of turbo lags or there is less lag now.
    Front left tyre had punctured and the car was running on stepney (the old Good year). Got it changed to Yokohama A drive.
    Total : 214/- (Bulb 40/- rest labour, including the tyre change). They said the coolant was less and did a top up, with a general check up also done.
    Got it done in an hour. This time the impression is good (I had a very bad experience of them flicking the USB device from the car too).
    I think it is because of the new FASS (Pinnacle Fiat, Kochi) in the vicinity.
    Saw a new avventura in flesh there.

on 28th evening, me and my daughter in a new Britax car seat I brought from UK, drove 189 kms from her mom's home to her father's home!!!
    Got an average of more than ARAI figures in real world conditions.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Hi Limraj,
    Nice to hear that you continue to enjoy your Linea after a short break. Regarding the Timing chain issue, it is good that it got replaced under warranty. I think if our car is less than 4 yrs old and under 60K kms run, it is covered under warranty. My Linea is almost 3 years old and 39 K on ODO. Thinking about timing chain makes me worry :)