1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Trying again
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377593107.511851.jpg
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377593225.376270.jpg
    A better resolution image
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Day 1
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377593432.048677.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377593466.193663.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

On the next day (30th Mar), we headed to Banasura Sagar Dam after the breakfast. We had enquired about the nearby places worth seeing with the hotel staff and selected this as the first one for the day. We took the jeep ride to go up to the top, paying 100 for all of us for 5 min ride to the top of the dam. It can accommodate a max of 8 people per trip, but the the jeeps which run on 'payment by kilometers run' contract would take only one family/group at a time, even if it is below 8 people. Quite obvious.
    The view at the top of the dam was good. It was about 10AM in the morning and there were some mist still at the top of small islands in the dam. Wife and daughter took a horse ride, as mother in law. We did speed boating with life jackets on. My daughter who was saying no to wearing it in previous occassions was OK this time. I was remembering the circus the boat driver had done during our honeymoon trip and was expecting some thing similar. But may be because elderly people were on the boat the driver refrained from it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377593373.647851.jpg
  4. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Congrats buddy. Wishing you a happy ownership of the Linea.

And just for your clarification, gear shifts has nothing to do with the engine type of the car (whether diesel or petrol). Its with the gearbox. Linea MJD has longer gears or you can say shorter gear ratios due to which we get good top speed but poor acceleration. This also means we can drag the car from 20 km/h of speed in third gear or from 30 km/h in fourth gear which is what you must be experiencing. So be it a petrol car or a diesel car gear shifts are not a direct reflection of their type.

Cheers.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you!

Thanks for the gyan. However, I believe it is dependent on the engine as well, for the torque. Diesels have more torque than a petrol at the same rpm.
    Cheeers.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it matters bro.
    Diesel = More Torque(low gears) = Less Top Speed.
    Petrol = Less Torque = Good Top Speed
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    What I meant there was fuel type and not engine type.

You sure buddy ?? Can you elaborate ?

We can always have a torquey petrol engine. Its just a matter of permutations and combinations between the gearbox and the engine.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That analogy of yours is not correct.
    Shorter gearing aids acceleration and not top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

Boss you are just repeating my point. Thats exactly what I stated. Shorter gears (long gear ratio) provide a vehicle with good acceleration whereas longer gears (short gear ratios) provide us with good top speed.

Cheers.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Reviving my ownership thread. First finishing the wayanad trip, which was more than 1 year ago !
    Day 2 of Wayanad trip.

On the next day (30th Mar), we headed to Banasura Sagar Dam after the breakfast. We had enquired about the nearby places worth seeing with the hotel staff and selected this as the first one for the day. We took the jeep ride to go up to the top, paying 100 for all of us for 5 min ride to the top of the dam. It can accommodate a max of 8 people per trip, but the the jeeps which run on 'payment by kilometers run' contract would take only one family/group at a time, even if it is below 8 people. Quite obvious.
    The view at the top of the dam was good. It was about 10AM in the morning and there were some mist still at the top of small islands in the dam. Wife and daughter took a horse ride, as mother in law. We did speed boating with life jackets on. My daughter who was saying no to wearing it in previous occassions was OK this time. I was remembering the circus the boat driver had done during our honeymoon trip and was expecting some thing similar. But may be because elderly people were on the boat the driver refrained from it.

Horse ride at Banasura Sagar Dam.
    horse-ride.JPG

The Banasura Sagar Dam
    banasura-sagar-dam.JPG
    Boating at Banasura Sagar
    boating.JPG

Then we went to Kuruvadweep, our 2nd destination. A bamboo raft, powered and controlled by condutors who pull it along a rope to the other end, took us to the island.

Bamboo raft
    bamboo-rafting.JPG
    I had my shoes on my hand, as the water level in the raft was above my ankles. We walked for some 30-40 mins through a kind of forest to reach a shallow stream of water, where my daughter played with wife. Many people were taking bath in the shallows. Walked back and headed to our last destination, Tirunelli temple.
    On the way we saw two deers, a peacock, jungle cock and numerous monkeys.
    Took a dip at Papanasini and did the darshan. We had to buy replacement clothes as taking a dip was not in the plan. We stopped for tea-break on the way, and the shop owner said taking the dip in Papanasini was the most important there and hence decided to take the dip. We stopped there as motherin law had started vomiting and wanted a black tea. May be due to the curvy roads or the altitude (700m to 1100m above sea level).

Black tea at the small shop.
    black-tea-at-tirunelli .JPG

On the way to Tirunelli. There were lot better places where we did not stop. Partly because, that was advised on the sign boards. Partly because, in case of any risk of wild animals, having a child and two elders out in the middle of road did not feel good. This stop was in front of the tea shop.
    to-thirunelli.JPG

My then 3 year old struggling her way up to Papanashini
    daughter-climbing-up-to-papanashini.JPG

Tirunelli temple, the wrong angle. By the time we returned from Papanashini, sun had almost vanished. And since we were to get into the temple before it closed, I just grabbed the mobile cam and took a snap.
    tirunelli-temple.JPG

Sunset at Tirunelli.
    sunset-at-tirunelli .JPG
    She was fine till we finished darshan. But while returning we had to take her to a hospital in Manathavady where she was administered 'drip'.
    While she was undergoing dinner me and wife enjoyed tandoori chicken from Century Hotel, Manathavady. Our experience during lunch at the same hotel was not better, but dinner was good. Once the drip was complete, we went back to the hotel.
    One good thing about the hotel is that they wash your car every morning.

Day 2 statistics.
    wayanad-mileage-1.JPG wayanad-mileage-2.JPG