1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    16 May 2013 to 23 May 2013: Trivandrum-Bangalore-Nagpur-Pune-Goa-Trivandrum, Odo 86159 km.
    I wanted to drive Linea to the Fiat Factory in Pune. I took a leave of a week and started the drive on 16 May 2016, Monday, after voting in the local assembly elections. I would visit my sister who works at Nagpur. People always said I was crazy to do this half-India trip in car!
    I was the lone driver. Sought help from HVK to find the hotels en-route. He mentioned my plan was over-ambitious !
    Touched Goa, just for that sake.

Day 1 - Trivandrum - Bangalore (690 kms)
    Day 2 - Bangalore - Nagpur (My first, and only, 1000+km drive) (1093.8km)
    Day 3 - Within Nagpur (84.5km)
    Day 4 - Nagpur - Pune (716.4km)
    Day 5 - Pune - Kolhapur (Visited Fiat Factory after a meeting at our Pune office) (297.1km)
    Day 6 - Kolhapur - Goa (360.6km) Crossed 85,000km while entering Goa from KA.
    Day 7 - Goa - Mangalore (434.4km)
    Day 8 - Mangalore - Trivandrum (645.6km)

Total Distance 4321.4km, FE 16.6km, Drive time 83:44 hours; Avg Speed 51km/h

Ready to start to Nagpur.
    Starting ODO
    Starting ODO.JPG

Somewhere between Nagpur-Pune. We were experiencing "heat wave" for the first time. Outside temperature was about 45C.
    Between Nagpur-Pune.JPG

At the Republic's birth place : Fiat Factory, Pune.

On the way to Goa.
    To Goa.JPG

The trip data.
    Nagpur Trip - Brief.png
    Giridhar, varunrtr, pabhishek and 2 others like this.
  2. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj This drive can be aptly titled as "The Great Carathon run". Amazing!
    Giridhar, pabhishek and limraj like this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    The Map of the trip.

Not everything was fine on the trip. While re-starting after lunch at Belgaum, on the way to Goa, the MID showed 'Check Glow plugs' warning. Immediately checked with my SA at Mohandas Motors and he mentioned that one or more of the 4 glow plugs would have gone kaput and it is OK to change after returning.
    The car was other wise fine, comfortable for 6 of us.
    Onward, we were 4. Me, mom, bro and my daughter. On the way back, Sister joined with her daughter.

The water bottles we collected during the trip. A bad idea, I should switch to having a water can of 10L or so and use only less plastic bottles.
    Water Bottles.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:52 PM ---
    May be yes, 540+ kms and more than 10 hours of driving average on a day !
    Finished the trip at 4:20AM and went to bed. Was in office by noon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:00 PM ---
    27 May 2016. At Mohandas Fiat for Glow Plug issue.
    Took the car to FASS for fixing glow plug issue. They mentioned 2 of the 4 plugs were gone (1 & 3) and to be replaced.
    Once they replaced, the horror started. Horrible noise when starting the engine. It was not driveable.

FASS doctor checking the car.
    Glow Plug 2.JPG

Mohandas FASS was on the verge of closing down and they refused further assistance.
    The car was towed to the nearest FASS, Daiwik Fiat, Kollam and they later fixed it. It was some tappet noise.

At Daiwik, Kollam. The car about to be received.
    Daiwik Fiat - glow plug resolve.JPG

It was my first experience at Daiwik Fiat. They could do the work. But, there were not too many cars.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016 at 6:00 PM
    varunrtr and V. K. Pasupathy like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pics @limraj and kudos for taking such a big trip in summers of central India. Heat waves are more of Heat slaps!
    I have been to Raipur/Nagpur - Pune route twice during 2013 and 2015
    limraj likes this.