1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @Soumik. I read that they are with soft side walls and low tread life.
    @Turbothinghy: Thanks. The link is for 195/55/16, I am looking for 205/55/16, same as stock size.
    Yes, I need harder compound tyres.
    I read somewhere that P3ST is been tuned version of Primacy LC for Indian roads. So, I expect P3ST to take care of the bad roads too.
    This certified my colleagues who use them.

I am tilting towards P3ST, again.
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    14May 2016:EGR Clean, Tyre change:ODO 81780km

As I was planning for a long drive to Nagpur, got the slowness in response fixed by cleaning EGR at Bigfoot Customz, Poojappura and new Tyres fixed at Travancore Wheels Club, Edappazhanji.
    Bigfoot Customz is co-owned and run by ex-Mohandas Fiat guys. Costed some 3000₹.

Went straight to Travancore wheels, to be upgraded to Michelin P3ST. Had to wait for 2-3 hours as the truck carrying the tyres was delayed due to the crowds on the road for it being the last day of election campaign. The truck arrived at 10:30PM in the night and tyres were fixed soon after.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj Finally I got to read your thread. Your possession looks excellent. Please post some recent pics for us to drool :)
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you @V. K. Pasupathy
    I have some problems in uploading photos. I do not know the reason.
    I tried using my dongle as well, not working from Firefox.
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj I too had some problems uploading pics. Being a new comer, I didn't know that I have to click "full image" after uploading the pics:banghead:. Also, I was stupid to have made numerous attempts to upload pics that are over 1MB in size before learning the limitations.

And I hope you don't have similar problems;)
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    It was a problem with size. Thank you @V. K. Pasupathy. I had never faced this problem before.

Clogged EGR
    Clogged EGR.JPG

A tyre change at 10:45PM, to Michelin P3ST 205x55x16 Tyre change to Mich P3ST.JPG
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  7. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj My goody. This problem with posting pics might be due to the fact that the cameras in mobiles we use these days are capable of shooting high definition pictures than the ones we would have used, say a couple of years back. And, TFI had a constant 1MB limit for pics though!

Is that the small exhaust pipe terminating at the Inlet manifold from EGR? Too clogged to recognize correctly.

The white shines!

Please post some pictures with your possession standing on its own shoes!
    limraj likes this.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The file upload dialog box shows 5MB as the limit though !

The one that is here, I guess.
    EGR-clean1.JPG
  9. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj This pic of inlet manifold + exhaust pipe from EGR is nearly the same the way in which I saw mine when I went to MFC for fixing pickup and hesitation issues. Seems inlet manifold of MJDs get clogged sooner or later, thanks to the exhaust gases recycled, together with sumptuous soot and also the oil vapors let in through the oil separator. Think 80k kms mark can be taken as good approximation to go for cleaning of these.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @ V. K. Pasupathy, my car's EGR was cleaned at 35K (or that was what the SA told me). So, cleaning EGR in every 50K km is good, I think. I plan to do it again at 1.3L kms.
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.