1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    how about Continental MC5 and Pirelli P7 ?
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    They are good tyres too.
    I have been following many reviews in the forum and also listened to my colleagues who use Michelin P3ST and decided that it shall be P3ST. I have an offer of ₹33500 for 4 new tyres, wheel balancing and alignment included. Plan to fix it early next week.

Do you see any substantial advantage of MC5 or P7 over P3ST?? Do let me know.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Both the Michelin and Pirelli are quality products however choosing between the P3ST and the P7, taking tyre life, road handling and noise levels into consideration I feel the Michelin is a superior product. P3ST has got good reviews almost in every discussion.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I had read that and on the MC5 on Linea and P3ST on Punto, I am still thinking over these points.
    Otherwise I am quite fine with all others, especially on the durability, which is better in P3ST.

@Deepak Thank you for the comparison of P3ST and P7. I think I can rule out P7.
    The contest is between MC5 and P3ST.

I enquired the costs at the shop and they are as below.

MC5 - 9,000₹/piece
    P3ST - 8250₹/piece
    P7 - 8000₹/piece
    Will end up 3000₹ extra if I go with MC5 over P3ST. However, if it gives better steering feel and similar durability and ability to handle bad roads (I would need this as the roads I travel regularly are bad).

I'm in confusion!
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    MC5 is available at 28.xx grands for all 4 tyres online. You can check it:

http://www.snapdeal.com/products/pa...on_s:195/55 R16^205/60 R16|#bcrumbLabelId:335

Any how P3ST would give you a more pilant ride and would run longer as well. MC5 has a little better grip, would also be silent (P3ST would be better in this aspect, slightly), but wont last as long as the P3ST.

On a different note, if you travel on bad roads regularly, wont a harder compound tyre make more sense? like the Apollo Alnac 4G? These are way more resistent to punctures when compared to the softer compound tyres, but are noisy. Grip wise also they arent bad, though not in the league of the MC5/P3ST.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    hard compound wear relatively less but provide less grip. Soft compound provide excellent grip but wear out quickly. So if im looking for a tyre in market i would pick softer compound over hard one.
    @Turbothinghy : buddy which tyre upgrade you have in mind? as 90Hp comes with 16 rim 195/55, will you stick to same spec or 205 width tyres?
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I would stick with the 195/55 until I go for a remap, as 205/55 or 205/60 would require a little bit more power IMO. As far as the stock tyre is concerned, even though it is hard compound, is noisy, but it feels very resistant (no punctures till date, touch wood :joyful:). Also, it might not have the best grip, but its not bad at all, I have cornered hard in the bends, still was never unhappy with the grip, or even in the rainy season. I think for the kind of power 90 HP makes, these stock tyres are more than handy, but they start screaching when they are put under the Abarth :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    thats right. Alnac 4Gs are great tyres except for the noise at high speed. When im in a mood to upgrade i will swap them with Continental MC5 of the same size. Just to retain the steering feel with MC5 :) I feel fiat should have continued 15' alloy on 90hp. There are very less options in 16' compared to 15'.
  10. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I am wondering why you have not considered Yokohama AVS DB. :)