1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Republic - 2013

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by limraj, Apr 4, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    It's about the ownership report of our Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion, Bosa Nova White.
    The background towards a decision on Linea is detailed here.
    I will update slowly, especially photos. Photos are in my phone, not yet in computer.

2012-12-31 : The booking. To take advantage of year end offers, I booked in December 2012 itself. Initially I was interested in booking the car through Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum. But, the sales agent was going zig zag on the offers and deals, I felt like he gives no importance for his words, I cancelled and booked through the other dealer Hyson motors, who would give about 10K advantage and help to get registration of the vehicle at Ernakulam.
    I had contacted 4 dealers and took 3 test rides, one with family in car-full fashion.
    The colour that won everybody's vote was Bosa Nova White, though my personal choice was Tuscan Wine.

Booking experience at Hyson : Great. This is where they catch you and they obviously show put their best face. They did and we were happy. Also, this was the only time they were good. The rest of the experience with them was never hassle-free.:D

2013-01-12 : Pre Delivery Inspection.
    We (my father in law & self) went to Hyson showroom that is in Thrissur, 85kms one-way.
    With TFI's Fiat Specific check list, I did a detailed PDI at Hyson Motors yard in Thrissur. The vehicle had come within two weeks of booking and the VIN's last 3 digits were FLZ (ie, 2012 June manufacturing).
    I confirmed with other buyers in TFI that this was the "latest lot" as on then.
    In the PDI, I found that the fuel lid was not closing correctly, everything except was resembling a new car. Odo read H9, no scratches, dents etc. And it looked beautiful.
    The SA agreed that they will fix it by the delivery. Our preparation for temporary registration started.

2013-01-26 : Car Delivery (Hence the name Linea Republic)
    The SA informed us about the temporary registration and the car is ready for delivery.
    In fact, they did delay their delivery by a week, with some lies.
    But, Jan 26 being a Holiday since the SA could not keep promise of readying the car for delivery earlier, offered us a home-delivery. But, we decided to go there as we wanted a delivery from showroom! We travelled 85 kms again, collected a small gift for the SA for his efforts and reached the showroom at about 2:30 in the afternoon.
    We were in all kinds of imaginations about taking the beauty home etc.
    The first thing I checked at the showroom was to see if the fuel lid was closing well.
    It was not. It was not attened to. Our happiness got vapourised and vanished. Disappointment, Anger and many of their relatives took its place.
    And to add more bitterness, We had ordered Absolute kit. But, was not fitted. :hit

We evaluated our options : to get it fixed right then - not possible, as a holiday; let them fix it and agree for home delivery; Take delivery another day; or take the car then and ask them to arrange for a fix at Concorde Motors in Cochin - We went with this option, because we did not want to travel again.

We took few photos and then I drove the car out of showroom, extremely careful !:redcar
    I was thinking to myself how rude was I to the test drive car.
    The Odo showed H17.
    I was getting accustomed to the controls and hence was really slow.

The vehicle felt heavy, but was not difficult at all.
    We found a near by fuel station and filled some diesel. When the fuel lid was opened, gas came out with big sound. The attendant said its because there was lot of air and less of fuel in the fuel tank.

By the time we reached Ernakulam home, it had crossed 100kms.

I made a comparison on driving a FIAT with respect to my WagonR. An obvious one, ha ha. :evilsmile

1. Clutch is butter smooth, though longer. No quick shifts of gear. I have to see how does it perform while doing some "spirited" driving
    2. Less frequent gear shifts to lower gears. If the speed drops below 30 km/h, I would down shift to 3rd gear in WagonR, but that is not necessary in a diesel. I can continue in 4th comfortably. I did something similar (as driving a petrol car) while taking a test drive and the sales agent mentioned the same. I realized only now. I should change my style of driving when I am behind Linea's wheels.
    3. Controls for wiper and lights on the opposite side. I would indicate a "turn" and the wiper would get engaged. Ha ha.. Slowly got used to. I liked pulling the left stack for high beam and pulling again for low beam.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you.
    How can I post photos from phone? Should I get any of the apps (tapatalk or forum runner?)
    Is there any free app which lets me post photos?
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Got some photos to the computer via the crude method : e-mail to the other id.

PDI at Hyson's stock yard in Thrissur. Fuel lid not closing properly can be noticed.
    pdi1.JPG

The Odo reading at PDI, H9.
    pdi-h9.JPG

At the time of delivery
    delivery.JPG
    delivery-side.JPG

Father in law received the keys and chocolates. I joined later.
    delivery-reception.JPG

Odo after a few kilometers from the showroom. I forgot to click a photo of the odo at the show room.
    delivery-h22.JPG

Rest later.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    does the driver side door have bends?? or is it just shadow playing tricks with my eyes?
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    No bends, it is the shadow of the right ORVM.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congratulations! Enjoy the drive :)
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, limraj. Explore and enjoy your lovely Linea. :)
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats... second linea to the trivandrum tfi group , both BNW !!! c ya soon for the next meet..btw where do you stay?
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Limraj,
    Happy miles with more smiles.
    Jai Hind