1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Does TFI has any thread for all recalls/major manufacturing issues faced in batches of Cars till date ?
    I was searching for a thread where I could see all recalls/parts changed free of cost due to faults in batches of Linea/Punto but could not find any.
    I can remember I saw issues reported, which are scattered in multiple threads,

1. Linea AC problem/upgrade
    2. CSS replacement
    3. Timing chain
    4. Rear Axle

there may be more which I am not aware.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

3. Sree_Ganesh

I got a call from VST Motors on the same regd upgrade of rear axle .

Dealer : Your Linea - Service - Rear Axle
    Me : Who is this ?
    Dealer : XXX Motors sir
    Me : Ok. Whats the issue ? Is this a recall ?
    Dealer: No sir - Rear Axle - Fix - Free of Cost ?
    Me : Ok whats the problem with the Rear axle ?
    Dealer : Rear Axle - Upper Wheel - sir
    Me - Upper Wheel ????

I hang up and go back to my trusted forums for the genuine info . But I am happy that VST Motors informed me

Unfortunately my Linea was with Concorde Motors at the same time for dent removal. So checked with Concorde if they could do the upgrade as they had my car currently with them and VST Motors was like 15 Kms away from my place . Concorde's response

(1) First they let me know that this is only for Petrol Linea , which it was obviously wasn't
    (2) Then finally said that I can get it done only at the place where I bought the car from. I had bought it at VST Motos

So finally now booked an appointment with VST Motors for tomorrow morning. The car will be returned back the same evening .

Now this is the first time I doing a free upgrade/ re-call fix , can I get the other older re-call stuff fixed too ?

Like - Brake Booster , Clutch Slave Cylinder
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.