1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    My 90hp Punto was in the A.S.S. for rear wheel bearing fault. Got a call from SA that my rear dead axle is due for upgradation. So he is getting that done for me car. Mine is a Jan '11 manufactured car.

I will post the differences observed after I get my car. He said he will try to deliver my car today evening itself. I am expecting/hoping that the thuds observed on potholes & speed breakers will vanish.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    No difference observed with the rear axle replacement in my car.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i think i missed the boat...mine is a punto from the dec 2010 batch. Will check out whats thier response..
    Like always we dont have any concrete listing/notice from Fiat...we have to at the mercy of our service providers!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  4. VHR

VHR

Tirupati
    I got the rear axil assembly upgradation done at concorde motors, Dairy circle banglore on the 4/5/12. I do not see any particular difference after this.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    is there any particular batch that needs replacement?? both our lineas are 2009 manufactured 1.4 and 1.3. where can i get a genuine reply?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Would it be applicable for my Linea 2009 model done 60000 Kms. Please let me know.
  7. explore_amit

explore_amit Timido

Pune
    yeh,
    Even i got a call for the same this morning from Pandit Auto, Pune, For my Punto MJD Dynamic purchased in Jan 2011
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Raj,

The thuds will vanish once you fit the upgraded GC kit. That is the biggest difference I noticed apart from not scraping anywhere , when I did the upgrade last week. The down side is that the car is much more stiffer now and the luxurious feeling while coasting over broken roads is reduced / absent. So after the GC upgrade its a kind of mixed feeling especially for those who are used to the old suspension. The new car 2012 buyers will not know anything about the old, and for them this new setting will be the benchmark which they will enjoy.

Abdul
  9. abhi

abhi

Pune
    CrossRail Replacement

Yesterday I got call from Pandit Auto (Pune) saying they will be replacing of my Punto Emotion Pk petrol. Today morning I gave the car to them. Does anyone have any idea why exactly this is being replaced.

I tried asking service advisor but the answer was not satisfcatory

He said, there were some problem for some cars earlier and hence Fiat has decided to replace it in all Cars of that specific batch
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  10. abhi

abhi

Pune
    Yesterdaty I got a call from Pandit Auot saying they will be upgrading it

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Yesterdaty I got a call from Pandit Auot saying they will be upgrading it