1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. It's not only for the Linea but also for the Punto. There were some Punto which had the rear axle bar replaced. Mine was not listed in the replacement schedule though.

@bhai: The issue that you have pointed out has been discussed elsewhere on the forum and it's a known issue which I believe fiat is looking at working on a solution. This upgrade that's happening now is to counter the uneven tyre wear out on the rear. Hope this clears your point
  2. Vithal

Yesterday I got a call for replacement of rear axle of my Punto 1.3 MJD (April-2011). They have given the appointment on Monday and I was told it would take 1.5 days to complete the work. Is this true?
  3. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

I got mine done last week. What the 'in charge' said is BS - the part and everything that goes with it comes up to approx 5K according to the invoice given to me. Please ask them for the detailed invoice when the work is done which will also guarantee that they actually changed the part.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there any one who has got torsion bar replaced due to
    wobbling & body roll on partly rough road?

Coz my car is getting wobbling & body roll at rear suspension on partly rough road

In 2010, I had seen 2 linea owners complaining about body roll & wobbling at rear.

That time I didn't belive that fiat car may face wobbling & body roll.
    Coz these 2 words doesn't exist in dictionery of fiat.

My old 75 HP was rock steady on rough roads.

But I am facing this problem in my 90.

I am not sure that this is due to defective rear axle.

Is this due to Goodyear GT3 or faulty rear sturt?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  5. tangojoker

Got a call from KHT motors today. will be giving the car next week for the replacement. They have asked for 2 days to replace it.

Missed the thread on replacement, as I was out of the country for last few months.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Got a call from Him Motors Padpadganj today. They informed me that they have received some rear dead axles for Linea having AMZ in chasis number. NCR TFIans, pls check your Linea's chasis number and call Mr. O.P. Sharma for appointment accordingly. You can refer our group's name to him.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

If this is the case, then lots of Punto should have been called till now. I am saying becase I've seen atleast 25 Punto active having extra tyre burn of outer edge of left rear tyre. First car is mine only in this boat. Elegant provided me a solution of this which is working fine till now. And since then I've observed around 25+ Active Punto having this issue.
  7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Is the replacement applicable only to diesel cars?

When I called Corcorde Hyderabad, I was told that its not applicable to Petrol Linea regardless of month / batch of manufacture. Mine is April 2009.

8. Incorrect information. My Jan/2011 T-jet was part of the batch which was recalled for rear axle replacement.
    Not all cars are part of this recall, only few cars from select batches.
  9. sudhakar

Today got a call from my dealer about dead rear axle replacement for my punto(Dec 2010). Can any body list all the part which needs to be replace or it is just the axle (pic attached by gurjinder in second page).
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Just the part you saw in the pic. The Torsion Beam.