1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If your Jet is from the batch which needs to get the torsion beam replaced, then rest assured, the dealer will call you up and let you know the entire thing.

Cheers.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Guru well I am having a difference of opinion here. You are lucky that you got a call from the dealer to get the part replaced. In my case I had a totally different experience. 2 weeks back I had given my car for 2nd service & I had specifically asked the SA to check whether my CSC needs replacement. When the SA called up telling that the service is over, I had asked for the status of CSC. He said I need not worry & it will run without any issue. But he never said that it is the plastic one or metal. Then I somehow managed to contact a senior SA & asked him to check if it is plastic or metal.2 hrs after this the SA called up telling that the CSC needs replacement & I can collect my car the next day if I want it to get replaced. While giving for service the SA was telling that once they enter the chassis number in the system, it will automatically show if there is any recommended update from FIAT. Anyway I have given a negative feedback when they called up for survey. Let's see what happens. It is always better to ask them if it needs any replacement. If you are lucky enough & your car needs that particular part to be replaced, it will work out. Sorry mate for bringing your hope down.:confused
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If ur Chasis number is there for change or if u CSC is old design don't worry u will get the modified CSC in your car.My plastic CSC was doing ok but still I got it changed in extended warranty at 49000 Kms since my car was in the change list.All manufacturers make it it tough for car owners to claim warranty spare parts an especially expensive one. I have seen Maruti doing it in several cases but they have sold so many cars that small thing get buried.i also got my rack change under extended warranty after 2 1/2 yrs 56000 Kms without any fuss from Fiat.I am 100% sure that other manufacturers must have if not rejected would have made tough for one to claim extended warranty on these terms as it also amounts to wear and tear and wear and tear is not covered.I have came across santro, honda, swift start giving rack noise after 50000 Kms and no cooperation from the company.so i would say that Fiat is very lenient when it comes to warranty terms.This all is to improve the Customer Service.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is 90 HP GP. June 2011. I am also getting thud noise at left side on big sized s.braker especially when I am alone. Is this update only for Linea?
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir,

There surely is a rear axle in the Linea. The only difference it is not a drive axle, but a driven axle. Known as dead axle to be more specific.

Nowadays all(or most) front wheel drive vehicles come fitted with the same.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Please don't call me sir !:oops:

You're bang on about the dead axle definition. The technical name for the specific part in question of the Linea is the torsion beam.

Cheers.
  7. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Got Replaced the Rear Axle(torsion beam as told by gurjinder) as i dont know the way it is called.replaced this week just took 2 hours to replace
    Anyone know the price of that part which is replaced ??
    IMG_0382.jpg IMG_0384.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    One doubt @Samy Alamuri. How did you come to know about rear axle replacement? Did the dealer contact you? When is your car manufactured? Mine is May 11 manufactured.
  9. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Dealer called me and said about it.At first he said to come over but after talking to him for some time he eventually said that he would send Mechanics to my place to fix that part.(In my area there is a workshop but there no fiat cars will be serviced after the first service,we have to go to Vijayawada which is almost 100 kms from our place).
    Mine is Jan 2011 i think but i got delivery in the month of feb
    Price of that part please ??? the incharge said it was nearly rs40,000 is it true ??
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I again repeat question -

Is this replacement only for Linea ? I am getting thud noise at rear-left sturt.