1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Just got a call from KHT Motors Service center that my TJet + needs an upgrade to the rear axle (mine is Feb 2011 manufactured). SA told me that it is "to reduce difficulty while driving" and will take couple of days to complete. I booked for next Saturday (19th) as I cannot do it tomorrow.

Is there any noticeable difference in the cars where this has been upgraded?
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    heyy guys!!! got the call from fiat today.

even my linea is due the upgrade of the rear axle. i'm taking my linea this sunday to KHT motors.....
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is no noticeable difference in driving.

The SA here told that this is being done because there were many cases where the rear tires were experiencing unnatural and uneven wear due to this faulty rear torsion beam. :-? Has anyone experienced this?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont see any abnormal wear tear on any of the tyres
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I have closed my eyes, as i am all confused about what needs to be changed and what not :(
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    actually theres a spot welding that may crack open on the replaced ones. there were few reported cases regarding this crack.

the service adviser told me this.

but i have found a noticeable change in my linea.

before the upgrade, my car was pulling to the left even when the toe adjustment was set to zero. but now its not pulling.
    i used to hear thud sounds from the boot since day one of my purchase but i thought this was normal for all lineas. but now theres no noise its silent.

well these were the only two changes i found.
  7. karthik9137

karthik9137

bangalore
    hi everyone ,
    even when i had been to first service they replaced rear axle, hose pipe in steering and ooring in AC . they said it is an upgradation from fiat. i took my new linea on may,2011.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    all lineas after the last digits LNZ . ie nov 2010 are getting replacements. MNZ and later are fitted with new torsion beams which have a problem
  9. patidarp

patidarp Timido

Ahmedabad
    Fiat Upgrade in rear axle and suspension

got a call from universal ASPI A'bad last week, regarding some upgrade (they didn't knew exactly what upgrade).
    Set my Punto for upgrade on Tuesday, and got it back as it is, as they didn't got the correct part from fiat on time. Might get a call again some time next week. Any ideas what upgrade? TASS said to solve noise issues by replacing some part in rear axle and ssupension!!!

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  10. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    What about linea tjet's brought in march 2011. manufacture date says 02/2011