1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Rear Axle Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sunnyside, Oct 3, 2011.

1. The right side is covered by the bubble wrap and so looked like it was the left side but now its clear... :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its a single unit, but the pic that gurjinder posted is not showing complete beam. some part of it is covered with plastic, so the symmetry is missing :)
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

at first you mentioned above that the TASS did not know if your car needed a replacement of the axle.

but then how did you get the job done???
    can you tell the whole story.....

btw- my linea is a dec 2010 make
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jayakrishna, when i came across this thread,i personally called up the TASS to know about any replacements to be done in the Linea's rear suspension. The reply i got from the lady was that there are no replacements of any sort right now.

Two days back they themselves called to inform that the Linea has been booked for a part replacement this Sunday.

So, the 'sweet voiced' lady didn't really know what was happening while giving me information.:p

Hope it's a bit clear now.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Italia, our Linea is January '11 manufactured. The AMZ batch.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    So does it mean that if we have to get this part replaced, we need to give TASS a call rather than waiting endlessly for their call :eek: ?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all Cinju bhai. They will give a call themselves.

The lady whom i talked to at TASS didn't know anything. The SA told that all cars who fall in the faulty batch will be called for replacement by them only. And that is what happened in my case. They themselves booked the Linea in on Sunday and informed this themselves. The TASS here are keeping Sundays only for replacement purposes. No servicing etc. All cars which need replacement are already pre booked with phone calls going out to owners.

So, worry not. ;)
  7. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    pawa motors delhi telling me that I will have to go to the selling dealer to get this done..and that i will receive a call. Now, the selling dealer is in gujrat ( i bought the car via CSD at ahmedabad). what to do? I have never been called for any of the FIAT initiated fixes.

i dont want to wait for any calls. my linea's suspension has been making sounds over minor potholes lately. Dec'10 built, dec'10 purchased.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks for your comforting words Guru. I am happy that my car is niggle free. Mine is Dec 2010 model and so far no one from TASS /FIAT has called up asking me to come for CSC, A/C 'O' ring or the rear axle /Torsion beam replacement. Does it mean that I belong to the lucky batch which was trouble free :D ? Anyways by Dec my 15k /1Yr service is due & let me check what they have to say about this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    well cant say whether you are lucky or unlucky. this is how unreliability of these recalls strike us. i am sailing in same boat as yours. i never received any call, but i myself checked the CSC and discovered that mine is plastic ones. then i bombarded them and got it changed.

so not necessary one might be lucky enough to get a call :)
  10. rubberfly

rubberfly Timido

Pune
    Mine is jan 2011 make, i got part upgraded, will get car today, they took 2 days to replace that.