1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea / Punto MID Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vipinpradeep, Dec 20, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It can as flimsy reason as adding any additional equipments which might have needed the electrical wiring to be compromised unless you can prove that no wiring has been altered and its a system issue. Have you confirmed its not due to the battery issue? Does the MID go blank while running too? Ask the FASS to check the earthing, blown fuses too.

The instrument cluster is retailed at 13K on the 99 rpm website, why is FASS asking for 16K? Does it include labour charges as well?
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/instrument-cluster-punto.html
  2. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur , Thanks for your response. Well there is no any alteration in wiring nor any addition of equipment. I believe its not a battery issue as the battery is a new one. However the problem first occurred when the car was idle for a period of about 25 days, initially the MID became faint and stayed like that for a few days...then it went completely blank with only the orange color remaining. The display once came to full life when i kept the engine running for 20 mins but after that its the same. I would like to mention here that it is quite humid here ,and the moisture might have affected some sensor, i guess. And their quote of 16K for instrument cluster is not official yet, it is informed verbally.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    UPDATE..
    Hi All, for last 5-6 months my MID was working properly. Recently I changed my battery and again the mid is not working, I took to car to ASC and The worst and weird thing is, they are saying that they have some financial crisis and something and so new stocks and spare parts are not suppliedb by the company. They are saying that they cannot gave a confirmation/surety that when ll the spare part (MID) all be supplied or in worst case it won't be supplied, and also once I claim the warranty from them and get approved then I cannot goto another ASC for the same case if the spare part is unavailable with them, so they are insisting me to goto another ASC. The SA said that he is not even sure about the future of that ASC, it may shut down.
    Friends please help me what should I do claim from there or should I take my car to some other ASC?

Regards
    Vipin
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  4. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    so what is the current scenario?
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    what is the status? I changed my battery and have the same problem
    Can you please help on your situation?
  6. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    Hi All,
    sorry for the late reply. I got the whole cluster replaced under extended warranty.
  7. PuttaJi

PuttaJi Timido

Mysore,Karnataka
    Hello guys,

I own a Punto emotion pack 2012 model with ODO 40K. I bought the car from URS KAR Mysore. The MID of my Punto is displaying funny language (as attached image) from past few days and sometimes it doesn’t show anything during run time. I checked this problem here with URS KAR and they are saying the cluster has gone bad and whole cluster needs replacement. They are quoting 15K for emotion pack. I am surprised how whole cluster can go bad within this short period, as it is not a normal wear/tear item in my opinion. All other lights are lighting up correctly except MID.

Can anybody here please guide me is there any place where I can get genuine experts are available?

PS: Mod, please move this thread if it is not appropriate here.

Thanks,

P

MOD Note : Post moved to the appropriate section.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Kindly attach the missing image. Also please check this thread for more information on the reported issue.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. PuttaJi

PuttaJi Timido

Mysore,Karnataka
    Sorry..images not attached somehow..Attached it now..

7.jpg
  10. Captain_S

Captain_S Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    I have the same problem as above, I had a glow plug failure warning (47.5k) after my 45k service and got that fixed via extended warranty after which my display went crazy. I had asked KHT about it but they don't know what has happened, they wrote to Europ and the extended warranty claim was rejected because I had gone late for the scheduled services by 200km at the max(only once, the rest were 10-11kms beyond scheduled service). As of now I'm least bothered about changing it basically because I'm broke :p I just hope it won't affect anything. Apart from this I would recommend that people avoid using KHTs service centre, after my 60k service there, I've gone to the point of regretting buying this car. :(