1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea & Punto Headlight- Good or Bad..

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by BoseSuman, Aug 30, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    If there are any thread same as this please merge.

I have just read that Linea Headlight are better than others.

Not sure, I think my Punto headligts are not ok, some times I feel light is off. May be I used Low beam always, and very occasionaly fog lamp in heavy rain in night. Only once used High beam in night driving on Highway ( Till 10:15 P.M).

Freinds share your thoughts, what you feel.
    1 person likes this.
  2. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Linea low beam needs improvement,High beam has a good spread that too with stock bulbs and the fog lamps does the job well in rainy situations.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I recently felt something inmy '09 teresting. My friend bought a '12 punto and his fog lamps were like flood lights. I never felt that throw from my '09 punto...
    Looks like they have done someting?.. have they or is it just my feeling?
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Even I felt the same with my Punto... on stock bulbs..
    So when road visibility was more important to me, I would level the head lamps lower and use the high beam.. that would focus the high beam on the road.. (you might need to experiment) I felt this need generally on rural unlit winding roads.
    but remember the lower beam focuses a lot closer to the car, so get use to setting them in your free time.. that way you wont be experimenting on your drive.. distracting yourself. ;-)

And FYI the leveler works only when using the low beam.. so every time to change the level; you need to use the low beam.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I too think so. In my Linea, when I switch on the headlamp with high-beam, both the low-beam and high-beam lights are lit giving brighter illumination unlike many other cars, which is more than adequate for me. I am fully satisfied with the OE headlamp bulbs of my Linea.:)
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    during rains that too in night you are never in comfortable position to drive,may be it is called the properties of light(absorbs) against the wet surface especially on the tar road.
    Yes,we need the settings of low beam more than 3 and with more brightness.With low beams and when moving @80 or 90 Kmph also is not comfortable hence have to have switch on High beam.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've felt my punto lights were a bit low so got it changed to phillips 90/110 . Now the throw is fantastic.
    But the disadvantage of this is when you drive other cars with stock bulbs you tend to feel weird ...
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my earlier Alto, I used Philips 90 / 110 and yes the visibility is truely fantastic! But till date, running Punto on stock bulbs only. Havent yet felt the real need to change them. As of now pretty satisfied. Lets see in future!
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    I beg to differ from the members who finds the Linea's headlights to be adequate.
    It is universal thruth that the low beam of the Linea is really pathetic specially in the rains nothing is visible.
    At the same time the high beam of the Linea makes up for this deficiency to a great extent. But that would mean that you drive the car with high beam on even within the city which is not the correct thing to do.
    The fog lamps in the Linea are really good and gives a wide coverage.

I would like to upgrade the low beam of my Linea very soon.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Philips.jpg

Will there be any issues if i use these headlight bulbs on my punto.