1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I have driven over 12,000 vehicles in my life. I have test driver, developer, consultant, dealer ans producer to the industries as well as race support, preparation and building cars, components and driver training. I have test driven a Linea T-Jet in Mumbai with up to 140kph as Kailash told me when he was filming it for our oncoming program. This was acceleratrion and handling test.

I have not driven anyway far from Mumbai on Indian soil yet. The driving and the road conditions are in many countries similar where I have driven. I am going towards 20 lakh kilometers now. In that time I have experienced 11 people die.

I am not talking theory. I am doing lately accident analysis. And with my over 31 years experience in the industries and as many years behind the wheel I made my statement and unfortunately have to stand on it.

I am taking certain risk when driving, but I won't do this before I know the car/truckbike well enough. The longer I use the car the more I get to know. There is no room for psychology. What keeps you alive i or kills you is physics.
  2. hi friends got my Punto also remapped by Kiirus & around 30 vehicles in the recent almost all vehicles have covered up 10K Kms+ as of now no issues. The best was the Getz CDRi & the Chevrolet Beat.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do share the after-remapping experience of your Punto. Was there a before and after remap dyno run of it? Also upload the dyno sheets, if any.

Gurjinder.
  4. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    is there remap option for Punto 1.3 mjd?

never mind looks like there is... anyone brave in Hyderabad?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. we do not have dyno tests in Kolkata but yes you can surely feel the difference in driveability, pickup & mileage too if you drive responsibly i got 20Kmpl at cruising on 100-120 kmph on my Ritz with 15" 195/60 R15 7.5 JJ Alloys so cant say just anything more. I got all my 3 rides tuned by him. One has done 30000kms after remapping thats my verna crdi
  6. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    On the Diesel engines it is very easy to get more power. The only car I ever saw on the dyno with a map supplied by Kiirus (Piasini origin) was a Linea 1.4. The dyno showed identical graphs to the standard ones we have tested previously.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Sorry if I am repeating this, but has a TJET been tuned yet? What were the improvements noted after the tuning...
    Is Power Petrol recommended for the JET or we fill up the regular one?
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    So what was the gain here if dyno showed same curves as the standards?
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    It depends on the actual ECU as well as on the fuel used. Adding on a properly designed AIR gives even more.

If you want to see what the difference is we (Torque 7) have an pre-mapped ECU and AIR you can test, which will give you the most you can get out of a otherwise standard T-Jet.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    You tell me. I have got no clue. All I know is that we had quite some gain with the AIR and the car went to a Kiirus arranged comparison test where there was no mention on the AIR, which made the car performing quite a bit better.