1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If u check the manual it states to stick to normal fuel without any additives..

As it is the Tjet is just power... i can imagine the Tjet pumping 140bhp... Wooh...

I guess in the UK the Abarth Tjet Punto throws upto 180BHP with a 6speed gearbox...
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Manual of Pterol Linea says that use the petrol with minimum 91 Octane. It does not mention whether with or without additives. The key is to use minimum 91 Octane petrol.

I've been using normal unleaded petrol & once in a while fill Premium petrol. This reminded me to fill premium petrol next time ::D
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i might have missed on that VP.. I was referring to my MJD manual... Well u would be right on that for Petrol variants...

I strictly use normal Diesel on my MJD Punto..
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You're spot on for Diesel, Andy

Regular/ Normal Diesel is recommended with a strict no-no for premium diesel
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yea VP, I generalized it not thinking of the fuel difference..
  6. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    One more update- I had read reviews in Oct 2010 Auto Car about using Cyclo Max 44 [Petrol additive] for smoother engine. There were reviews from users of Swift and Indica. On checking the Cyclo website which is a U.S brand and googling, i found even BMW users using the additive and benefiting from the cleaning effects. Hence decided to use it and contacted Pidilite [sole distributors in India] directly. They did a home delivery for the products that i ordered including the additive for petrol and diesel [diesel for one of my friends car]. After emptying the bottle on hitting reserve and then topping with Power, i was observing until i completed 200kms and then though of penning down. The engine definitely feels much more rev happy, more smooth and has improved the milegae to some extent. I will comment on the mileage after doing a tank full to see the difference. Also used the dashboard cleaner liquid and the effect is outstanding-
    I have given the petrol additive bottles to few of my Linea friends in the office and will wait to hear from them but i am personally very satisfied with the result so far. Atleast what the autocar users had mentioned in their reviews, i was able to feel the same after driving few kms in LINEA.
  7. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    cyclo-44 is a good petrol additive... i have also used it in my PALIO...you will also notice a smoother idling at the start of the day...i.e cold start... but the effect will wear off after the 3rd tank fill.... good to use it on long drives.....
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dats good news mate.. I hope there isnt any after effects on the FIRE engine after a prolong use of this...
  9. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    The Cyclo guys mention to use 1 bottle every 5000 kms- so i am curious to see the effect last. Will keep you posted!

http://www.cyclo.com/pages/additives_fuel

Advantages mentioned on the website include:

Improves acceleration
    Eliminates hesitation
    Eliminates knock, ping and "run-on"
    Improves starting
    Controls octane requirement increase
    Saves gas!
  10. vinaypillai

vinaypillai

Bangalore
    Well, I was thinking of upgrading myself from Linea 1.4 to Linea 1.4 Tjet but looks like I can save some money with the help of KiiRUS.
    I am closing following you for your more review based on more running, FastLove.

Meanwhile, my question to Abhishek (of KiiRUS) - Any plans to visit Bangalore.