1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    To answer some of the questions above :

1. Yes you can revert to your original mappings . A backup is always maintained and one copy given to you.

2. The AirFilter upgrade is surely recomended for extracting the maximum from the Remapped ECU. I am planing to do that shortly.

3. Somebody also asked why FIAT does not give Kiirus tuned ECU ?? The answer is that All MAnufacturers have to consider 3 important factors before launching their cars : a. Fuel Quality b. Environmental impact c. Another very important factor is that a manufacturer designs the car and tunes engine to suit everyone from 18 to 80 year old. Not everyone wants a 100BHP car :confused . So what you get as the end product is the best suited for all these 3 conditions.

So, in short , 2 things you have to think of before remapping is to ensure that you get Right Fuel in your city/country and check Emissions regularly .

NOTE : Out of 200+ cars tuned by Kiirus only 2 are FIAT Linea. Linea gains only upto 11 bhp . Some Skoda models are known to gain upto 40 BHP. So, its purely your decision f you want to unleash the True Power of the Engine whoever be the manufacturer.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Linea gains only 11 bhp because its a NA petrol engine while Skoda have Turbo petrol engine in Laura and Superb and Octavia VRS
    Gains on The T-Jet would be much more.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes : +1 to Vijay

IMHO : 11 BHP in a naturally aspirated engine is a very good gain.

So what next on our forum ? 1st Kiirus tuned Linea T-Jet ? :)
  5. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Any tuned MJD on the Forum? What would be the approximate BHP gain? Also, Would this mean switching to premium diesel from the normal one that FIAT recommends for diesels
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    NO MJDs tuned on Linea here. However, a strict warning - Never use Premium Diesel in your Linea , whether now or after tuning . This is the Warning mentioned on the first page of the manual too.

For petrol Linea also Standard fuel is recommended but Premium Petrol is also fine only in case of Petrol Engine. Infact immediately after tuning i did a tankfull with IOC Premium and it really gave good results. However, i am refraining from using Premium Petrol as also advised by a FIAT guy.
  7. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    May be this is answered already somewhere and i have not been able to spot it.
    But does it void warranty or insurance?
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It goes without saying even for the MJD... Use normal Diesel...
  9. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    Not sure of the warranty friends...i have been using Palio for past 8 years using premium fuels only since they were available...tried speed 97 but usually stick to power...same with LINEA since day 1 in almost 30K drive...my experience is that with Power [not with speed], the engine is much more smooth...nothing happens to the engine..infact to the best of my knowledge standard unleaded petrol is 89 octane and power is 91 octane...i believe 91 octane is recommended for LINEA...
  10. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    Also for KiiRUS tuning for T-JET, the gain in power will be in the range of 20-25 BHP so it can come close to 135-140 HP with the ECU remap - thats the standard gain for a turbo charged engine.