1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Its opposite Balaji garden building. 100 mtrs from palm beach Galleria mall.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The detailed report after a good few km of running. :car Initial impression matches what Yatin has mentioned. ::T
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    This is after a couple of weeks and more than a 1000km of Driving with my NEW 100 BHP Linea that i write this report.

I got my Linea Kiirus tuned after talking to fellow TFIATian Nitin Sapre. Actually , i was not aware of this kiirus tuning being discussed on the forum. Got a link fwd from my friend who informed me of Kiirus and got abhisheks number from the thread. On the evening i got the number i called abhishek and fixed up an appointment. The very next day i was at his Koperkhairane shop and after an hour long meeting gave him the keys to my 89BHP Linea.

While he was working on my Linea i drove his Swift and boy did it feel awesome to drive the swift on palm beach road .....His kiirus tuned Swift made me hungry to see my linea do the same

I got my car back in about 1 and a half hour . The first few kilometers you dont feel a huge difference in the power . After maybe a few kms , actually while driving back home , i just couldnt wipe the smile off my face. I was cruising , actually, flying and was literally apologising to all those who i was leaving behind , talking to myself --"sorry folks i cheated i am on steroids now" . Its not that i didnt speed earlier ...i have driven at 185kmph + on xpressway and loved my baby as it is. But who says no to a little bit of help from outside when u can get it for money ...not me !!!

The 2nd and 3 rd gear are the most effected after the tuning. The car just zips and now and no worries on climbing a flyover or ghat in traffic even on 3rd gear. There is no dearth of power which was slightly an issue while climbing in 2 nd gear. People sitting on the passenger seat have been treated to the Power and i havent stopped getting those words of appreciation for the thrill of acceleration that even the passengers feel in the gut when i step on the accelerator.

The most important question - Effect n the Fuel consumption ....Absolutely marginal. I am getting a FE of 10.8 on MID in strict city driving in mumbai with full AC. My earlier FE used to hover around 11.3 up mostly while my driving used to be more in navi mumbai. Since the last 2 Tank top-ups i have used Premium Petrol . However , due to work related travel i have been forced to be driving in city traffic in andheri, then to south mumbai in heavy traffic. and the FE has not dropped below 10 .

I am completely in awe of my car all over again and the Love Story witht the Linea is only getting Stronger
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This certainly looks tempting.
    If it doesn't have any impact on engine's life etc., I wonder why Fiat itself can't tune it like KiiRus.
  5. Whats the cost of tuning? and can it be reverted back to stock tuning if there is a need ?
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So any KiiRUS-ed MJDs so far? Few of my concerns:
    1. The change from 190 NM to 235 NM . Can the clutch stand this?
    2. Can the stock air filter handle the additional air required to give the additional power. If it cant, will it mean more unburnt fuel?
    3. Is there going to be a reduction in FE?. The site claims better FE.
    4. In one forum after remap it was mentioned that the 1st and 2nd gears are useless since it always burn the tires, definitely its not going to be the case for GP/Linea, but wont it mean more wear and tear starting from the tires, brakes, all the mechanical parts, etc.
    5. Those with GP Active, Dynamic and Emotion will need a tire upgrade to 195 for safety reasons and to enjoy the max out of the tuning?
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I would say it would be better to fit K & N to help breathe better.
    If the power is too much, you rather tame your driving. One will get used to it a couple of days. An 850 bhp F1 cars are still passing thru pit lane at less than 80 kph
    I think you can ask for a remap with a better FE if you so desire. If it is giving better FE , then obviously the fuel is burning better.
    All who do remaps are not racers, but do it to only enjoy the stuff giving you a good pull withour the lag. One may use the remap advantages to the max or enjoy the other subtle benefits it brings with it
    Changing tires ...etc would make the whole remapping excercise rather expensive. So I would suggest to make do with the existing specs and change over to your desired specs at the time the regular replacements are required.

Abdul
  8. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Seems 2 lineas been kiirus tuned, any 1.4 GP done?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You can fir K&N atock replacement air filter for better air flow after tuning.
    FE reduction or increase will depend on you. If you drive in same manner FE will be almost same.
    Linea MJD ( I am sure even Punto does that) already burns tires in Ist and 2nd gear in stock tuning.(When I am in mood even my 800 burns tires). Brake wear will depend on your driving. If yu speed more you will brake more.
    Yes tyre upgrade is necessay even without tuning. GP looks dull with those skinny tryes and without alloys( Wheel cover are very bad looking, Linea Wheel covers look better.)
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks jumu & vIjAy_kHaSa for your answers, so after KiiRUS switch to K&N ,drive as normal, enjoy the improved torque and use the power when needed. Car is safe !