1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @drifter

Its time you put the doubters to rest ( i know im included in the list ;)).

Dont take it otherwise, but here's a sincere suggestion and an action plan.

Take a Multijet FIAT ( Punto / Linea) and remap it / tune it/ put your AIR on it , i mean howsoever you like. Use your 4 methods of evaluation , 10 rides before and after AND document the gains achieved. Put it in black and white - hard figures, data : facts ( before and after). Put up the details here on TFI , everything ( excluding trade secrets ofcourse). Make that car the magnum opus of your tuning chapter in India.

So that people know your work that much better and novices like me dont question your work now and then.

What say mate?

Gurjinder.
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    We are in process of doing it. We have started on the Punto 1.2 and the Linea 1.4 N/A. Graphs are on the forum. These graphs were done in India, as I don't believe in using graphs we have done in Europe under different conditions.

due to a lot of development work I am right now doing for the Indian market it will take a bit more time to get all data on the forums that is right now accumulating.
  3. kaustubh_vaze

kaustubh_vaze

Pune
    Yes Drifter,
    I think you had mentioned somewhere about the Linea 1.4 NA Dyno graphs and 0-100 timings as well. Why dont you put it up together in one post for everyone to see again?

Regards,
    Kaustubh
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    very nice suggestion by gurjinder. and yes drifter is right. one needs to work on the maps as per indian conditions. many tuners just import maps and put it on indian cars which will show varrrying results.

i would like to add to the wishlist. when i want to go for remap i would like to have an emulator ecu or general remapped ecu for trial run. once satisfied i would pull out my ecu for remap. else return the trial ecu to the tuner. this will build more confidence in buyer. and yes the money back guarantee is icing on the cake.

seeing Drifters experience on fiat cars i guess it will be a boon for indian fiats.

there are hell lot of black spots while acceleration and gear shifting - either upshift or downshift in a linea.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    +1 amit..

even before goin for a remap for my car i wud like to test the emulator ecu or a test ecu/map for a week or so to find out the difference between stock map and the modified one..atleast knowing my hard earned money is not goin down the drain..
  6. If Abhishek or someone from Kiirus is ready to visit Bangalore, I wud be interested too.
  7. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    We are visiting Bangalore soon. and we will show the actual gains made.
  8. kaustubh_vaze

kaustubh_vaze

Pune
    And I would like to test my would-be before I get married!
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Aaron,

you have seen the results on the dyno with the AIRs. When the GSR AIRs were tested we did not like Kiirus make any claims. We let the facts speak. So far we have been the only provider of performance tuning goods that have shown real time results.

Kiirus used a car where our AIR was on to show in a magazine how good his re-map is without mentioning that it was equipped with a GSR AIR that has proven on the KSM dyno to give quite some gains.

We even test fit AIRs and let people decide from there whether they want it. It is our time we are losing and a kit is turned from new into second hand if the potential buyer does not want it then.

We also set the ECU back to standard when customers are not happy with the results.

I don't think it is justified to ask for a free test for a week or so as plenty of people will just disappear afterwards and we will be once more be betrayed.

My products have been sold in many countries over 4 continents and have the highest respect in enthusiast circles.

We are not Kiirus, who tries to make a quick buck. We have a proven track record and we have not even used performance graphs that we made in Europe, which would save us a lot of money. We have done this because we are not sharks, but a trustworthy company that only sells proven stuff. All our products are or will be tested on Indian soil with all the relevant conditions that are present in India.

what else do people want to ask for? Give me one company in India who goes to this extent other than Torque 7.
  10. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Aaron - we are the only people who are offering no questions asked money back gaurantee. Tell me how many Kirrus or any one else you know is able to do that for you. We can do it because we are sure about our products that they work. I am sure even you have witnessed the same when you were at the 25th Dec meet.