1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA Petrol- KiiRUS Tuned- 1st In India

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by ysapre, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i guess the 1.4 NA wont show much gain. is same is done properly on MJD it will show way better gains.
  2. Italia-Linea

Pune
    do you have trial ECU for MJDs which customers like us can test on their cars before buying a remap from you? this will build more confidence in the market. coz indian market doesnt like to take risks on their cars :)
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Few more Questions:
    1. Whats the impact on the overall mileage?
    2. Is there an impact on the engine on long run?
    3. Can we revert to the original settings?
    4. Would it cure the turbo lag in TJET
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    We haven't one for the M-Jet at this moment in time, but what we offer is a money back guarantee within 2 weeks if the customerr doesn't like it and we set it back to standard.

1. All GSR AIR do have a positive effect on the fuel consumption. Our re-maps improve mileage on naturally aspirated engines not more than 4% but in the TDs it is between 10 and 15%.

2. The engines come from factory with higher specific outputs (and are unlike a lot of claims identical with the lower output variants). The 1.3 M-Jet is sold by tuners in Germany with 160bhp and fully homologated. This requires that they last.

The T-Jet engine has seen endurance racing with 360bhp, which equates to 1,20,000 to 1,50,000km of driving off the track.

3. We can always revert, but this is usually not necessary as ther dealers have no means to detect the re-maps as we do them. They have not been able in over 20,000 maps we have done in the UK despite knowing that we do it to many cars.

4. The t-jet should not have real lag. It is more likely the electronic throttle body setting that causes a similar feel. We can improve on this on the re-map.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Why would anyone even try and push 160 horses from 1248 cc's. They got the 1.6 Multijet too unlike us. Sorry mate , but cant buy your argument unless you show us some sheets.

And homologation? Are these engines used in organised race events or the like that require such homologation?

Or did you mean that these are 'built' engines , with reinforced components to handle the extra power.

Gurjinder.
  6. kaustubh_vaze

kaustubh_vaze

Pune
    As if, people installed trial ECUs from Kiirus. Did they? No offence meant.

Well I cannot see any test results done on the Indian versions of the cars. No acceleration timings and no graphs. The videos section shows cars being dynoed in some foreign location. For Indian conditions, we need to have actual test results. I doubt if they are being done at all. Writing software back to the ECU is easy. Does anyone test it? We may well be talking about perceived and psychological gains unless the dyno shows them which it has not as yet.

I am not trying to blame anyone, but just an observation which I feel needs to be mentioned for everyone's benefit.

Regards,
    Kaustubh
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thats what i am asking both. as in case of kirrus the stock car shows same dyno results as with kirrus maps. so i am asking peter that can he give trial ecu so that customer does not face problem as with kirrus showing same maps.

this question goes to all remap vendors.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, without dyno runs, there is no definite way to tell whether there has been any improvement or not.

A trial ECU , if the remap guy is offering one must be put on the dyno and the figures should speak for themselves. Not the seat-of-the-pants feel or what the remap guy is claiming.

I have no business rivalry with Drifter or Kiirus , but i would strongly suggest going for remap only when accompanied by before and after dyno runs. So that you can have actual proof of the gains in performance and the ~20k rupees invested in remapping deserve that proof.

Gurjinder.
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    It should not be my job to go and prove all products wrong that Kiirus provides. Of course the new member here nearly worshiping Kiirus has got some sort of interest. But my work is to make cars work better. I am happily make back to back testing. However I rather show the gains we realistically achieve under conditions that are Indian conditions.

What I mean is that the Indian cars are often different spec than European cars. This is due to usage, fuel and ambient conditions.

At the day we did the test at KSM with the Kiirus map on, it was the only car available for us to do a before and after test on the AIR. I thought it was 'standard' from the figures on the Dyno. When comparing it with the graphs back in London, we had the same characteristics on several of the 1.4s.

We will in the near future make a comparison between a few cars , where we provide our solution alongside Kiirus and some others.
  10. kaustubh_vaze

kaustubh_vaze

Pune
    Or acceleration figures at least. People do remaps based on prior experiences of other people who took the risk before them. So a trial ECU may not work since again that will be a percieved performance gain. But the acceleration figures will speak a lot about how better the car has gotten or how worse for that matter.

Regards,
    Kaustubh