1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Petrol classic - missing in cold weather!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sahib1517, Jan 24, 2014.

1. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi,
    I own a linea petrol (now linea classic). It has done 38k kms in almost 5 years.
    Suddenly last week in delhi's cold weather when I started the engine and started driving, the car started missing as if it has got cold bite. It was worse in the beginning with constant missing and then after couple of kms I could feel when accelerating from low rpm to high on 3rd gear it was missing only.
    As the kms got over 10, the missing got little better but was still occurring.
    Can anybody plz help what could be the issue? The car was last serviced in August 13 and fuel filter was changed. Can I get it fixed from local mechanic, because when I got to TASS they make out bigger issues out of nothing.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sahib, there could be a lot of reasons for a mis fire, ofcourse 1st step is ECU diagnostic, however either Spark plug cable or Spark plug itself could be the source, Throttle body being dirty, Airfilter been clogged, also the drive by wire sensor can also be a issue( I am not sure if the 1.4 has that).
    So it will be a lot safer if you approach FASS for this as unfortunatly they have the ECU Scanner.
  3. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Thanks Anup for your insight. It turned out to be 1 ignition coil faulty.
    But yet again typical TASS experience. They charged for so much miscellaneous as always-
    Coil- 2200
    Along with it charged me for spark plug cleaning and throttle body cleaning. Not to mention spark plugs were cleaned just in september during service but was told with coil change it is mandatory to clean them. Plus they charged me for ECU scanning and forced lubrication of doors and battery.
    Overall cost me 4500.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sahib, good to know your Linea is back in form, I do not want to discourage you but I am sure none of the so called cleaning would have been done by these FASS , however you got a replacement of a new OE is all that matters.

Happy smooth driving.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thats the way to make money by all SCs of all manufacturers.