1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea (P) Mileage. very poor: Edit- getting good mileage

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by Sri, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Driving Pattern:
    Mon-Friday: Home to Office and back. No bumper to bumper traffic or long waits at traffic signals. Smooth ride, but have to negotiate about 10 humps. No Highways.
    Saturday-Sunday: Short Trips, again have to negotiate a lot of humps. no bumper-bumper traffic. No Highway driving.

Been using Shell Petrol and tyre pressure at 33.

Ever since I installed ecodrive, I have been trying to use AC as less frequenly as possibly. AC is definitely not ON all the time.

Whats puzzling me is the F.E as indicated by the Display. It Shows 17.2 kmpl also consistent with the data shown by ecodrive. The interesting point here is that ecodrive assumes this is a 77 BHP linea car.. So my guess is that the software in the car is not calibrated for a 90/95 BHP engine.

Moreover, there are linea users who report 15 kmpl F.E on city roads.. (does not indicate if this is as seen on the Display).
  2. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Well, Fiat directed my query to KST Motors .. The service engineer thinks its is a display problem!. Would you have any contact with Fiat technical team who atleast confirm if this is indeed a problem..

BTW, my consolidated F.E figure.. is 12.5 Kmpl.. thats a cool 3.5 kmpl more than what I was getting earlier. Thanks to ecoDrive and the other forum members who gave valuable tips.
  3. Sri, I think you are getting excellent FE. If I would have got so much of FE, I would have been very happy. About ODO, I think it shows incorrect figures. Same to me and I ignore this.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I am getting close to 10 in city and 11.5/12 on highway.... Its lesser than my expectations....
    eCoDrive rating is 71.....
  5. That's the same mileage i get in Chennai city b2b traffic.
  6. sen

sen Timido

New Delhi
    I bought a Linea and I am third owner of it. Total run made so far is 16700 Kms, manufactured in Dec 2009, Registered on Jan 2010. Today I noticed the mileage and found average running Kmpl was 13.0 travelled between Gurgaon and South Delhi with heaviest traffic congestion, several traffic lights and one traffic junction waiting for 15 minutes. Complete travel on Full auto AC and total distance travel;lws 66 kms (attaching photos) kmpl1.jpg

WP_20130910_001.jpg

WP_20130910_003.jpg

WP_20130910_005(1).jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. sen

sen Timido

New Delhi
    Its a challange with myself to stretch the last drop of the Fuel - Linea Emotion Pack, Model December 2009 - Petrol.

Fiat_mileage2.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. Syed Habeebulla

Syed Habeebulla Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Hi TFIans,

Trust you all are doing great.

I own a FIAT LINEA EMOTION (Flamenco Red Beauty) and I am getting an average of around 10kmpl with full AC in City and 14-15kmpl with full AC on highways. Just wondering if ECODRIVE feature can help me improve this.

Can someone pls share the link for ECODRIVE or explain how i can use it or learn about it ??

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Shreyas Ravetkar

Shreyas Ravetkar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    HI, Read your post, the avg is quite embarrassing, apart from geographical conditions I would like you to check the following things:
    1. Check if your break pads are not rubbing against the disc continously.
    2. Get your battery checked: Sometimes poor battery conditions hamper the things displayed on your dashboard, low fuel indication may be a result of poor battery health.
    3. Check the radiator cooler, ensure your car is not leaking oil into the coolant.
    4. Check for the springs of your clutch and break paddle.
    5. Ensure rpm is just below 10
    6. Check front suspensions, weak suspensions exert pressure on types resulting extra load on your engine.
    7. Check the viscosity of coolant.
    8. Improve your clutch and accelerator habits.
    I hope this works, if not take your car to an authorized service station, stand in front of them and get it retified.
    I drive my lined in Pune and Mumbai where traffic is like hell, in AC mode I atleast get an avg of 14-14.5 kms/l
    prabhjot likes this.