1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea (P) Mileage. very poor: Edit- getting good mileage

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by Sri, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    I am getting a mileage of 330 Km for 37 litres of fuel, sometimes worse. Also the display shows lowe fuel warning abt 20 kms into the reserve. This is with AC ON most of the times.

The display shows trip mileage of 14-15 always.

I have done about 4500 Kms, first service done.

I drive about 20 kms every day with couple of minutes of stop at two traffic signals, smooth traffic .

1. No obvious signs of fuel leakage ( no petrol smell)
    2. Change the fuel to shell, marginal improvement, but mileage still below 9.

Any suggestion on how to proceed ?
    (I many be wrong, but I think I got better mileage before the first service).
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Linea Emotion Pk (Petrol) Mileage. very poor

Hey Sri, did you try to use Instantaneous consumption?
    Try to use it for a few days and remember that keep your focus on the road (rather than on IC figures). You'll learn a lot of things regarding your driving pattern and it's impact on FE.
  3. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore

Could you explain how monitoring Instantaneous consumption would help ? What is the recommended driving pattern for Fiat cars ?
    I must say that the road on which I drive regularly has a hump every 1 km or so.. so there is a regular change of gear, but very little engine idling ( as in waiting at traffic signal). I also suspect that the noise from engine is higher than it was.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Sri: Go easy on acceleration, shift gears at 1800-2000 RPM, take help of cars rolling force and as suggested keep an eye on Instant Consumption that would help you understand how to go about in a given scenario to get maximum FE. Also Installing ecoDrive could give you some more idea about your driving style and places of improvement.

I also have same car Fire 1.4 EPK - Hip Hop Black, with AC in city i get between 10-12 in summers and without AC between 14-16
  5. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore

Hmm. whats ecoDrive?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

You'll learn a lot about the the rpm band at which you will see better FE and how gradual acceleration has minimal impact on FE and is your current method acceleration affecting the FE to a small or large extent.

It can't be explained on a forum, otherwise would have done it in my last post itself. Do not worry. Please use IC for a few days. I had advised username "StarrySky" to observe IC for a few days when he was getting FE of 13.XX kmpl from his Punto MJD 90Hp. He came back with a figures of 16.xx-17.XX kmpl.

Even my own driving pattern is not very suitable for getting FE. I am getting lower FE than what some of the members are getting from their MJD.

:shocked You don't know about Ecodrive? Your Linea isn't just any normal car. You are driving something very unique. Even Audi, BMWs don't have such softwares. Read this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1417&hilit=ecodrive
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

330 kms in 37 Litres means 9 kmpl. IMO, its not bad for City driving with AC ON most of the times. This can be increased to above 10 kmpl with light footed driving, with help of Instant Consumption in MID, & EcoDrive. Usually premium C class Sedans give FE of 8-10 kmpl in City.
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad

Hey Sri,
    I think you must be using excessive braking and instant pickup.
    Drive as per suggestions given by paddleshifter, vahanpujari, Viny.
    Also keep eye on Inst. consumption figure for few days and try to identify in each gear how much speed is giving maximum figure.
    So change the gear to next after achieving that. If there is slope put the car in neutral( but it is risky and always keep one foot on brake pad. Also don't brake harshly in neutral becoz it may damage brake drums early. Before braking put car in 3rd/4th gear and then press brake. Throughout the journey of 14-15 km, if you can drive in neutral for at least 1 km during slope, ur mileage will increase by 1.
    My car is giving me 15-16 w/o A/C and 13-14 wth A/C with load of 02 persons including me.
  9. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune

Hi Guys,

Can you pls. elaborate a little bit more on how to observe IC..may be with example. I am also learning different functions in my Linea. I am also facing some problems with blue & me. I don't know whether i am not using it correctly or it is not working fine ::O
  10. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore

1. Installed EcoDrive... going easy on braking and acceleration
    2. Checked the Engine oil.. looks like its needs some change.. getting darker.. will check with the service station