1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. vikaskumar11233

Hi chethansgangoor
    I would like to share my view as I have gone to the comparison of both the cars and I an agree with the gautam that VW Vento would be good car to buy has it has more engine displacement and fuel tank capacity, there little bit difference in power of both the cars as linea has approx 114 PS and vento has approx 105 PS but vento will be cheaper then linea and has good resell value. So I would suggest you for Volkswagen Vento
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Have you tried it, Viny?
  3. xplorauto

I wasn't clear from the original post if the aspiring buyer was looking for the petrol or the diesel variant. If petrol, T-Jet+ obviously is a no-brain-er. So I guess the point of discussion here must be MJD vs TDi.

Now when it comes to the diesel turf, Vento TDi is certainly a great car on paper and the new highline with all its feature upgrades should push even the top of the line Linea 1.3 MJD to oblivion. But the question is have you driven the Vento?

'coz if you have, you will soon realize that the TDi Vento, from inside the cabin in terms of the NVH, is more of a fart than a wind. A colleague of mine was to pick a diesel sedan for himself and that's when we thoroughly test drove all the oil burning Sedans, around 10 lakhs, some 4 months back. The TDi NVH is so bad that his current Ford Fusion TDCi felt as if it was almost a petrol car. We then tried the Linea MJD and it was in comparison as if there was an electric motor inside. We also tried the Fluidic Verna 1.6 and I must say in terms of engine refinement it was equal to the Linea plus had better acceleration, but the problem was that the Verna is better labeled a boat than a car. Its suspension setup is just all over the place. The Verna just can't keep her rear in line.

Remember, we TD'ed the cars back to back and not once but on 3 occasions. How we managed to do that is yet another story. But coming back to the oil burners, Linea still would be the pick if one decides not to take on the Vento or Verna on a straight-line dash. Take them to the twisties and the Linea will outshine the all and will put a smile on your face. The Vento is not all that bad in that aspect, but no match for the Linea.

And heaven save you if you are in a Verna. For, if you are driving, you would come out with soaring blood-pressure levels (fearing your rear will slide off the mountains) and if you are being driven around, you would come dehydrated from puking all through triggered by motion sickness from that of a boat ride in turbulent seas. However, if your drive is restricted to city limits and you seldom go out on the highway or winding roads, Verna with its superb engine refinement, splendid fit and finish, modern styling and all its bells and whistles is the preferred choice But if you want the best all rounder, Linea it is all the way.

And the Vento TDi? To the both of us it was just a waste of money!!!!
    6 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Recently got a chance to click photos of my Linea along side a Verna. Here are they.

4 people like this.
  5. xplorauto

a true depiction of style vs fashion ... huh?
  6. Melvin Rodrigues

Melvin Rodrigues

Pl do not buy vento as it is a 4 sitter car.back space is occupird by drive shaft tunnel cover
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Not sure if he is looking for a Petrol or diesel. If Diesel definetely Vento. The 1.3 VGT in Linea is no match for the 1.6 in Vento.If its petrol, if you can afford the T-Jet its T-Jet all the way or else settle for Petrol Vento its a good car. Go for Vento if you give priority for Brand value and Resale value(this depends).If you are looking for features then Linea is the way to go. In my personal experiance A** is same or worse than that of FIAT.

8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i have both now. vento and linea. apart from engine power linea beats vento hollow. the engine in vento is very crude and clutch is worst i have ever seen.

if u want pure power and rush, buy vento. other option of gr8 power is verna, but spend arund 30-40k and get the suspension changed immediately.

else it has to be linea.
  9. xplorauto

Spot on !!! Appreciate your unbiased point of view. To me, nnybody who says Vento TDi is a better car, is making that comment with their head buried in sand or is completely going by hear say. Drive it and you'll know what I mean.

That does not mean the Vento TDi is a bad buy. There's more to buying a car than the product itself. Things like brand value perception, maintainability perception, incumbency for a model / brand, etc etc are all significant influencing factors as well. That's where the Vento TDi might appeal to some buyers.

But I can't imagine shelling out 12 lakhs for a car that feels no better than a tractor on NOS.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Wow what a discussion. I completly agree with Italia_Linea and xplorauto. NVH levels in Vento is horrible.

Guys I am awaiting for comments on New Ford Fiesta Diesel. How is this car.