1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well said Gurjinder.. I know even today with so many cars flooding Indian markets people perceive that Maruti produces some of the best Indian cars. Nothing offensive against the manufacturer; but the mindset is what makes people think, feel and act so. One of my friends who never wanted to check out with Linea when he bought his ANHC, just realized that he should have given this car a try before zeroing on ANHC. If FIAT markets its car well in India then I am pretty much sure that none of the other cars would stand tall to this.

Just consider today's scenario with new Fiesta and Verna launched, the MJD is the cheapest car in the segment.

Having driven all the three cars - Linea, Vento and ANHC, I can definitely say Linea is much better in all departments except the engine. Drive the Linea to its strengths you would find no nemesis at all.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. 1+ , Engine noise in Vento is higher then Linea,handling is below par compared to Linea.
    I guess Chevy Optra magnum with it 2.0 FGT engine is better than Vento at the same price.

Good write up about EBD, you may want add this to Linea/Punto did you know series.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Anyone tried the front arm rest in vento! Some tell me, how to operate the handbrake?? :p The Visibility too is very very poor!
  4. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    @ Italia-Linea: +1.

I don't know why members are giving Vento more points on Ergo. Sit simultaneously on both cars, Linea will feel much better.

Ride Quality: Linea > Vento > Anhv

Resale : Should be last thing on mind while buying a car, alas in India it comes first. Life is too small to compromise on heart equations. Who knows its my last car, so why should i be worried about resale. Better enjoy the "ONE" that my heart says is the BEST.
  5. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    linea big no. waste of time n money. My car has clocked 25500 km in 21 months I have been to 14 times for running repair. everytime they said part nahi hai mangana padega so stay away with fiat
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    One of these days, you must put up a detailed thread regarding the experiences (bad or good) you've had with the Linea in the 21months of ownership. A complete and a true account. It'll be a valuable input to TFI from your side.

Gurjinder.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just came across this Amazing video on Linea. Don't know where to post it. So its here :).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Note sure what car the person who asked this question has chosen. Here are my two cents - both are good cars. Linea has its share of short comings and so does Vento. For me the decision maker here is one thing - LOVE - which car makes you love it more and more the days goes by!! Which car has got a exclusive fan club around the globe. Vento is a machine; but our Linea has a heart inside it.:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Amazing Video !! Complete ad material. Amazing color as well. I would take this color any day on Linea if its available.

Have you noticed in the video how rear seats completely folded back flat out. Why can't our Linea's have this? I read somewhere (may be manual) that rear seats can be flat out folded but when I asked SA, he said no & demo'ed that it can only fold back partially and not flat out. Never needed to try it afterwards.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    To fold completly you have to lift the bottom seat up first, and then fold the back rest, it will be somewhat flat.