1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. @karan desai
    What you meant is not better engineered but better built and better quality control. Both Linea and Vento are well engineered it's the execution where Fiat fails. We have recently acquired an Italian plant and when this guy came over to India I proudly showed him my Linea. He just clicked his tongue and said that Fiats have engines and chassis which last forever, it's just that rest of the parts fall off. I didn't know where to look....
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Ladies & gentelmen, that I think is the essence of FIAT.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

well according to me both cars are very good. engine is better on the vento. but i think fiat is safer bet than vento as you never know how costly the maintenance will be later with VW. i am already horrified by Skoda stories.

after sitting in linea i feel better than sitting in vento. interiors will be 8 and for vento 6. i dint get a feel of sitting in big car. the windshield is so small.

plastics are way better but thats it. engine noise is definitely less in linea.

handling - no comparison to linea.

looks - daily morning the first think i do it peep from my terrace and have a nice smile looking at my parked linea and patting my back that i have the most beautiful sexy babe with me.
    Vento for me looks like a 40 years old lady who was once a model and now lost her charm.
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice comments/reply/write Italia-Linea
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

+ 1 Itala-Linea :)
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    me too for punto.
  7. same happens to me...when I look at my Linea Tjet..I forget about everything..its just a sexy looking babe...though I am too disappointed by Fiat marketing..
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont get disappointed bro, thats how out fiats stand exclusive and not common like swifts :)
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

I would pick Linea over Vento anyday with my eyes closed just for the safety
    Apart from more horses under hood and better finish interiors there is nothing which is better in Vento.

Heck Vento doesn't even have EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) to assist ABS. Vento only have ABS
    A car with EBD can control all 4 wheels independently under panic braking but a car with only ABS will de-activate brakes from all 4 wheels if ABS sensor detect skidding under braking.

Exterior design of Linea is timeless. Linea still turns head on road even after 2.8 years which vento couldn't do even at the launch.
    Atleast VW could have changed front styling a bit from Polo. Vento doesn't have identity of it's own. Linea too is made on GP platfrom but styling is different unlike Vento/Polo and Swift/Dzire. Even Tata changed design from Vista to Manza
    Rear Seat comfort too is better in Linea (best thigh support, back support and perfect head rests angle in the segment)
    The clutch pedal vibrates in vento in high rpm's

And not to mention steering wheel of linea [It's a masterpiece both in design as well as engineering]
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Chethan ask your friend to read below reply from Linea owner from Mumbai. He has written this in Carwale Forum.

Hi Everybody,

I was a proud owner of Volkswagen Vento; I bought it on 20th April 2011. Lot of people tried convincing me don't go for this foreign brand as service is going to be major issue. Parts would be very costly and they have very limited network of service centre. I share the same concern with the sales executive when for the first time I went to Tornado Motor, VW showroom at Mumbai West.

I was assured, Sir car like VW does not need a service our machine is world class its sheer German engineering bla bla....

Unfortunately 15 days back i required there help. It's just 3 months old car. I took it to my office nicely at chembur in the morning, however while leaving in the evening as soon as I give ignition display was showing message 'Error’, I don't know why..no reason at all.

I called service centre, they send their towing car and took my car to their service centre, Andheri east on 21st July 2011. On Friday whole day they could not find any reason, on Saturday I was told there must be some issue with my key, so they asked my duplicate key, On Monday they were still clueless, On Tuesday they thought there is issue in Cluster Meter so they decided to replace it, however it was not stoked with them so they ordered it from there Aurangabad factory. On Wednesday I personally met the Service head of Tornado Motors. I got the assurance by Saturday I'll get the delivery of my car. I requested please make that possible as I have to go out of town in the weekend.

I called them on Saturday, this time I came to know there is issue with ECM and again they have to order it from factory. Now on Tuesday, they still have to receive the delivery of this part, so may be by Thursday I'll get the delivery of the car.

I am driving Tata Indica since 2003 and Maruti Dezire since 2008 trust me guys I never face any issues like this ever. Service centre, quality, response time, and professionalism everything is far better than this foreign brand.

Now I am highly frustrated with this service standards offered by Volkswagen team. My genuine opinion is they do not have any experience staff to analyze the issue. They work on assumptions and just experimenting with each new car comes to their service center.

Apart from this Service issue, I booked my car on 31st March 2011, and till today I have not received corporate discount of Rs. 12,000/- which was promised to me at the time of booking of car.

Guys my request to all is Please think twice before booking this foreign cars.