1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, one thing that bugs me though is the problems these cars are throwing.

It pisses me every time I hear someone talking about rust formation in his Linea or Punto.

A leaking AC gas or a failed AC compressor is a problem that can be rectified by replacing the defective part but what about the basic bodyshell developing rust all over the place?

Is it worth spending 10 lacs+ on a rusting car? I have stopped visiting the What car section of various other forums like CarWale etc. for reasons like these.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No matter what v say, the sales figures are givin the answers as to wht is imp for indians. Handling and ride or brand name,space,performance

One question:
    If the linea is that good then y the poor sales figures????

I think ur answer will the reason y one should buy a vento

Personally sayin I have nothin against fiat or its cars.

Harmony & Choas
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Phew bai ji the answer is very simple.

We CANNOT change the mindset of us Indian easily. For that you need aggressive push at saying and selling things. FIAT has not done it the way it should have.

Result = Same old mindset exists. FIAT is this, that and XYZ and #%$@#$

People are too happy to go for the Verna, Vento etc etc not because they are better cars , but they are "percieved" to be better, percieved to be more reliable, their brands have more image , value recognition.

Trust me, India would grow by leaps and bounds when we change our thinking. And when we become open to trying something new. Ofcourse, plenty of such people exist. But still they are in a small minority.

Car for car, let's have a comparison between the Vento and the Linea. Let's see who wins. And i don't mean the quarter mile times! :p

Gurjinder.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets hope fiat first changes its own mindset let alone the indian customers mindset. Jusr selling engines and feeding on loyalty is not the order of the day

Lets have it then :)

abd btw gurjinders answer tells u y ur friend should buy a vento

Harmony & Choas
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    LOL. If the friend is interested only in burning rubber , then yes.

Gurjinder.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thts a better thing to do than dragging a dead elephant with rusted body parts

Here's how I feel the linea and vento fare against each other(diesel)
    The scores are out of 10

Looks(subjective)
    Exterior
    linea - 10
    Vento - 10

Interior
    Linea - 8
    Vento - 8

Fit and finish
    exterior
    Linea - 7
    Vento - 8

Interior
    Linea - 6
    Vento - 8

Space
    linea - 7
    Vento - 9

Features
    Linea - 9
    Vento - 6

Ergonomics
    Linea - 6
    Vento - 8

Ride
    Linea - 9
    Vento - 8

Handling
    Linea - 8
    Vento - 6

Steering
    Linea - 10
    Vento - 8

Performance
    Linea - 7
    Vento - 10

Mileage
    Linea - 8
    Vento - 8

Price
    Linea - 7
    Vento - 6

Resale
    Linea - 4
    Vento - 6

After sales service
    linea - 5
    vento - 5

snob value in india
    linea - 4
    vento - 7

So the total comes to be
    Linea - 114.5/160
    Vento - 119/160

Vento it is I guess then and not just for burning rubber :p

Feel free to add ur thoughts and sorry if any mathematical error is there

Harmony & Choas
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Phew veerey i quite appreciateyour exhaustive comparo, but the following are the correct values in my opinion.

Price Linea-9( vfm sedan in India. Period)
    Vento 6

ASS -Linea 6.5( more service centres, a crude way of getting points. Everyone agrees to it)
    Vento 5

Snob value Linea 6 easy. Ask my relatives, who got burnt on seeing it.
    Vento 6

So, let's just say that it's not that straightforward.

Gurjinder.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    My suggesstion would be "If you have driven FIAT cars or love to drive a car that handles perfectly irrespective of not getting a premium feel inside the cabin go for linea, but if you intend to get a premium fell go ahead with vento. Vento is a blend of Powerful engine and superior finish whereas linea is a blend of Exterior Looks and Good Handling"

Linea-Diesel is underpowered and whoever does not agree with me should drive a T-jet and figure out the difference.

My vote please check out all the cars in your range and then give a call... If its a diesel try Vento, Linea, Verna, Fiesta, SX4 and if its a petrol try Honda City, Vento, Linea, Fiesta, Verna, SX4...

For Sedans in 10L range, I will always go with ANHC for petrol and ANHV for diesel in present indian market.
  9. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    in simple terms "JO DIKHTA HAI WOH BIKTA HAI" according to an average customers mindset.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    do i really need to explain in detail. i think most of the members must have experienced one problem or the other. whether it is power steering problems, link rod, ac, rattles, rust and what not. i believe linea has more features but i would prefer less features that work properly.
    i myself am a big fiat fan but we have to accept that fiat (current condition) is not a better engineered car than vw.

absolutely agree. there is no comparison if your friend is looking out for a petrol. tjet is the best in that segment.

shashankbhai i do not want to start another anhc vs linea debate here but under 10l linea tjet is the best car to buy. i will for once support the european rival but not the japanese. vw at least feels sturdy whereas honda feels like a powerful alto.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011