1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. @teky
    Resale depends on brand value my friend. Ask the person who has owned a Palio and tried to sell it (that's me). Just check the resale price of Linea in the market and you will get your answer.

This does not mean that Linea is a bad car (I wouldn't have bought it if it was). Just you need to know what you are getting into. Servicing ranges from very good to pathetic experience depending upon the location, TASS etc. I have had a good experience but overall people have been at the receiving end.

The difference in price that you talk about is because Vento does give a better engine, better fit finish and snob value.

Its what you want..
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The only reason to go for the Vento is it's diesel engine, which i've heard is a pretty powerful mill.

Apart from that there's no reason whatsoever to go for the Vento.

Drive a Linea MJD on the highway . The real test of so called underpowered cars. And see the Linea shine. From as low as 50-55kmph, 5th gear- no downshifts required even when overtaking. You can go loong distances without bothering to downshift to 'stay in the powerband'.

The maintenance costs are lower, the fuel mileage figures are amazing and it rides and drives like a champ. Looks like Monica Belucci too.

So, make a reasoned decision.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

I do agree with with gurji paaji! Vento's ergonomic is even worse! The car has nothing which we can compare with Linea! Linea looks and is a segment above!
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    IMHO resale should not be a major criteria when buying a Sedan for it looses at least 15% of its value the moment one drives it off the dealer.

Full marks to gurjinder; it is just over two weeks since I came from Trichy after a family wedding. Linea MJD is definitely a fun to drive. Touched speed to the tune of 172 Kmph between Ulundurpet and Srirangam sector. One liner to sum the experience - it has the best stability among cars.

@Chetan: Inform your colleague to list the features that he deems are required. Pair this list with both the cars. That should help him to arrive at a conclusion. That is what I precisely did when I zeroed on Linea.

Above all one thing that I hate in the German Engineered car - it is a 4 seater Sedan :p
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to livelyyoungman. Vento back seat is not comfortable for 3rd passanger. I dont know what we say to that part which comes out from the gear know to the back side. It is too high that 3rd person wont sit comfortably
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

If you want a powerful Engine go for the Vento, else Linea outperforms in all other categories. If you want a sturdy, great handling, lesser NVH, good mileage, good features VFM car go for Linea. Do take a test drive of both on highways and see for yourself.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am actually surprised to hear this from Phew and company. I wonder why VW is considered to be providing better engineered cars. The core engineering lies in the engine compartment and electricals. Rest everything is ART.

Has anyone seen how Polo and Vento electronics and engine components have been malfunctioning?

At BHP, I remember reading once that out of 30 VW Passats present on BHP, only 4 did not have any major malfunction.

Yes, I believe that assembling of Fiat cars is done as per poor standards as the showroom cars are delivered with more niggles than any other car brand except TATA but so have VW delivered cars with faulty TURBO right from the showroom.

@Chetan- I would strongly recommend the Fluidic Verna over Vento.

By the way, 15000km service of Linea petrol costs Rs2-3k whereas that of Vento petrol costs 10-11k.

Wonder what would be the service cost of Vento TDi diesel and the 30000km service at the end of 2 years when.brake pads etc might need replacement.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i am sure such statements are product of highly doctored and paid forums. untill recently before volkswagen it was all honda city , literally made by japanese gods , unbeatable ,unfathomable,fail proof,technological marvell et al best car ,best value for money blah blah.

finally out of all anxiety one of my close friends purchased honda city and within 30000km it broke down ,twice recalled for suspensions and engine parts replacements, brake pads and brake disc being changed for rs.10000 etc. nonetheless we bought the car together mine being punto has clocked almost 13000km . no issues of recalls yet even though i was expecting lots of issues.
    ASS issues nothing yet!!!
    rather free checkup camps or an email is getting things done far better than any other brand.
    rather i find it very interesting to go to service centers showrooms with those people behaving friendly and supportive.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Better engineered product, resale value are all results of perception management. Remember the audio in newspaper marketing gimmick, how it floored everyone! People are still fighting over delayed deliveries and faulty turboes. Top that with high maintenance and wafer thin service network. Vento diesel, as per many reviews, is definitely a segment topper; as far as petrol is concerned Linea TJet is far far superior and in my book is a segment topper if you leave out the falling sales.

So if your friend has to choose a petrol, TJet it is. If diesel, Vento over Linea.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

People in India only listen to so called "experts" comments who know nothing about cars. Some SVP guy says, Vento handles far better than any car in it's segment!! :A I think FIAT did not allow him to take a test drive :D