1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea or Vento?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chethansgangoor, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Starting this thread on behalf of my colleague Pampapathi:

He is looking for a sedan and is interested in VW Vento as of now. I am asking him to take a look into linea once.

Pampa has joined the forum today.

Your valuable feedback on the car would help him in buying decision!
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Any specific reason to buy Vento. Chethan you are there with him to let him know about both the cars.

@ Pampa if you are looking for value for money and reliable car then go for FIAT Linea. VW Vento is a good car but it is very high on maintanance, VW wont provide you free servicing. Servicing of Vento cost you near about 9-10k & for FIAT Linea it will be near about 5k which is half of the Vento.

If you dont like Linea then have a look of Fluidic Verna, its also a good car but not the VFM. It starts from 9 lac
  3. Vento in case you want a well engineered product without any niggles and good resale. Yes, it is slightly overpriced but I guess with the competition from Verna, ANHC and Fiesta you can negotiate a good price at least for the petrol.

Linea is a good car but you have to take into account that there are issues with servicing, spare part availability, poor resale and a host of niggles (which may not be common to other cars - specialty of Fiat)
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    one of the reason to consider linea

this pic is from famous automotive forum of india (today 2aug'11) .which we all know, how much they are against fiat products linea and punto. yet look at the poll figure . i think that will show the built quality of linea. unfortunately it doesnt have vento being new car in segment.

rattle.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If he looking for Diesel, my vote for Vento.
    If petrol, see nothing other than T-Jet.
  6. @ Kedar, I have not driven Vento. Polo i have just test rode it. I love Fiats for thier ride quality, handling and looks. I also informed Pampa about the Fiats service. Fiat is rated no 2 in customer satisfaction survey last year, only next to maruti and beating all others.

There are many linea owners in this forum, thier real feedback would be good for him
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    linea only if your heart says so. other than the heart there is no factor over vento which will turn you towards linea. if you want great VFM linea is a great car. but if you want a better engineered car at a higher price then vento is the car for you.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In sync with ravi, the Vento equals if not bests the Linea in every field, be it performance, space, comfort, resale, looks(subjective), in fact the Vento is better than Linea in the core areas like performance(diesel), space, brand value, resale(biggest criteria), ergonomics, ride and biggest of 'em all the brand VOLKSWAGEN.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    why is vento better engineered than linea? any specific reason?

i feel linea will beat vento in any department say in features ,ride quality,stability and nvh levels..!!
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    How did you predict that Vento will have a better re-sale value down 4-5 years? Going by the maintenance costs quoted elsewhere it would be expensive to maintain. Now compare that with the TCO quote by Linea owners here you'll see that how Linea fares well on the TCO.

The price is also a important factor - The Vento TDI costs a whooping 11L OTR here in Chennai with no discounts and 6 months waiting period. You'll experience the take it or leave it attitude from most of the VW dealers. The Linea on other hand costs 9.4L OTR post discounts and is available off the shelf. The difference is a massive 1.6L which I can't ignore unless I care too much about the Power & Badge value. Feature wise Linea beats hand down the segment cars apart from ANHV & ANFF, both being new entrants to market.

Also the service isn't bad at all according to me. Off the total 21Km I had been to the service center 4 times out of which two were for regular service. The issues were fixed to at most satisfaction barring once, which is quite acceptable to my standards.