1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea My Love

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Bala, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Saharsh,I shall,nice to see you here.
    Well,with my Lovely Linea,there is no love lost anymore.
    I always did know that my love story will have an anticlimax but never thought that it would come this soon.
    Well,the car was involved in an accident,was with TASS for a month and was delivered after repair on 13th Jan and that was when a series of serious niggles started.Even as the car entered the garage,there was huge oil and fuel leak,I had to write to Fiat,car was taken back,these issues fixed and then the next started,even as the car entered the garage after fixing oil leak,the A/C stopped working,condensor went bust.Car was taken back to TASS,diagnosis was made that condensor has to be replaced and the car sent back,am still waiting for spare condensor,am not writting to FIAT anymore,am tired of doing that.Inbetween various other niggels happened like the mudgaurd/wheel arch falling off in the middle of the highway,halting the journey,door locks becoming loose and closing with a sound of an autorickshaw,noise from doors,etc.
    Did you know that I was fond of cars since childhood,especially Fiat cars,am a subscriber of atleast 10 auto magazines like,autocar,autobild,topgear,carindia,zigwheels.etc,but with the experiences I've had with Linea,I have totally lost interest in cars,in all cars and after many years,I've stopped subscritions and I no longer look at cars.When compared to a FIAT car,even public transport will ensure peace of mind and that is what I have in mind,even if means a waste of lots of time.
    Hmm,let me see where my car takes me even as I await a spare condensor for more than 20 days....
    Iam taking my ownership of Linea as a punishment,because I bought this car secretly,didn't tell anyone at home,neither did they dare to ask me(they know the standard reply I would give-I know everything,you mind your bussiness.This experience made me realize that I know nothing and others should also mind my bussiness)
  2. Ranjan

Ranjan Novizio

Navsari, Gujarat
    Very sorry to hear that your Linea is still not perfect. You made a very good decision when you bought this car.... in the accident no one got hurt.. that is the most important part. In my view you should write to the fiat people about the poor service and non availability of parts. I am sure that they will take up the matter on priority. We all know that the TATA service centers are not that much efficient. In your case it seems to be carelessness on their part.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice to hear from you Ranjan.I would often keep thinking if I had commited a mistake in recommending or say possitive things about Linea to you and Dr.DD(though he had made up his mind to purchase the car already).But what ever I had told about the car is true and stands valid even today,the car is perfect for the money that we spend on purchase,but once it keeps going to the TASS,it is finished.Every time my car had been to TASS,new problems were created and the car had to be sent back for fixing those and now the mistakes commited at TASS have climbed to unacceptable,unbearable level.There is no point in FIAT bulding a good car and giving it to TASS only to be destroyed.Today I have discoevered a new problem,the upper glove box(abs in e-pack models)has stopped opening,though this is a small issue,it's a pointer as to how a part after part keep failing every day.
    Yes,as you have rightly said,I should see the bright things first,like the car handling an accident with aplomb where the occupants did not even feel a jerk and that is why I still keep and always will keep the car.
    I have always written to FIAT and the company also has always helped me,but where it matters,at the TASS,the service guys do not know a thing about cars.
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hey Bala,

I hope u are doing well,isn't?, what a near miss?....happening again and again.

i can feel the burning heart.TASS is good for nothing having bunch of useless,raping the wonderful machine

how long u can keep on writing and fighting.i am silent now....don't know what to do?
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    bala, very sorry to hear your plight. it has just become a never ending one.

i think you should talk to fiat officials over the phone. seems your TASS is not competent enough.
  6. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I think now his car is in good condition. is it? bala?
  7. WOW, read your complete thread, you truly are another fiat-fan. The TASS in your area certainly needs to improve. Are you listening FIAT ?
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Fiat fan.
    Yup,am another Fiat fan,so much so that I had wanted to buy a Fiat car,for the last 14 years,ever since Uno was launched,booked by my grandfather,was never delivered,my father did buy a Padmini and I finally did get to buy my own Fiat car-Linea.So,three generations.....
    About the A.S.S,lesser said about it,the better.Half the kms done in my car was done going to the T.A.S.S.Their intentions are good certainly but there is very little knowledge about the know how and they end up creating one problem after another.
    Yes,Saharsh,as of now,my car is in good condition,touch wood.
    Good condition or bad condition,I love my car,unconditionally.