1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MultiJet Emotion FTA or ...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by venom, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    You can't buy a FIAT in India with too much thinking. There are too many arguments loaded against such a decision. However if you love to drive a FIAT, then you have to live with it. The moment I took test drive of the Punto 90HP, I badly wanted the car, to hell with sales figures.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Are you sure redbull? :wink:
    My signature seems to suggest otherwise :lol:
    Frankly, I wasn't a Fiat fan until I bought my Punto, did a lot of analysis, feature / cost comparisons and TD of Ritz, i20, and U-Va before finalizing on Punto. For service experience I checked with a lot of friends who owned Palio, Petra, Linea, Indica and Indigo (Punto wasn't on roads then) about their service experience at Tata-Fiat and concluded that they are at par with other over hyped service centers. My actual experience has been good enough and may be a little bit better than my previous car.
    I planned for a very long term ownership - over 8 years, so the last thing I worried about was resale value.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @ royj - did you buy your FIAT for the reason you mention ? ::D

I mean all you said could be true, but was it the reason for buying your FIAT?
  4. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey,

The First Fiat I bought was a 1974 Fiat Padmini and then after that the UNO/Sienna and now the Punto in 2010, so the Way I see it - FIAT aint going nowhere!!

All the best with your choice though yes the Re-sale Value is a Concern..
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said Re-sale value does concern a bit, but it vanishes once you are behind the steering,
    One thing is for sure, Once if you drive FIAT, bet you will not compromise with any other brand.
    We had Fiat 1100 1965 -- 1972
    Then Premier Padmini 1972 -- 1989
    Changed to Premier Padmini S1 1989 -- 2000
    Then went for maruti 800 5 speed 2001 ---2009
    ATLAST FIAT GRANDE PUNTO since Dec 2009
    NEXT will be BRAVO
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::pP I know it is difficult to pinpoint the actual reason.. Think I used these to justify my heart. Anyway, my decision making was easy as my wife and kids were adamant that they will not get into any car with me other than the Punto ::V
    Everything I have said in the previous post IS true. I did the analysis, compared it with Ritz and i-20, did TD of Ritz, i-20 and U-VA and checked with friends owning Tata-Fiat cars. Economic analysis was in favour of Ritz due to its price advantage of around 50K.
    But I still say you will buy a Fiat only if you think and then act bold, and thinking is difficult. Everyone chooses the easy way out and follow the herd. This probably explains why Fiat is bashed so heavily by the non Fiat owners.. they know within them that they didn't think and get jealous when they find they got very little car for their money.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @ venom - do you want to buy a car that sells more? then don't talk about likes of the heart. Just take a auto car magazine and buy the top selling car immediately.

I bought my Linea when it was just 3 month old in India. That time people said wait for it to establish as its a new " unknown" model... What the Heck..I liked it then and I adore it now. That's what matters!

Also, given a choice would you want to be one more addition to the crowd or be a class apart with the beautiful Linea?

Linea sells more than 1000 units every month and that's a decent figure with more Linea variants coming soon.
    :eek:fftopic
    On an end note to all who go by speculations ,a question from me -
    - the world is speculated to end in 2012... Are you considering leaving the planet or giving up on life before that??
    Also think about it... The 48 month warranty is no good as we have only less than 24 months to live ::V
    So just party mate :drinks
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    :clap What a way to look at it .
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :eek:fftopic
    Naah! the speculated date is 21 May 2011.. You got barely 4 months more ::V
  10. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Has the mayan calendar changed again :lol:

Understand - FIATs are the best cars to drive at the moment and even though servicing is at TATA, FIAT has made sure that there is a special Service advisor for the FIATs and he has to only cater to FIAT customers. Yes at time you do feel step brotherly treatment and parts take time but trust me you will love the way the car drives, 120+ on the ghats of GOA and 8hrs is what it takes me to drive from Mumbai to GOA in my punto and that too stress free.

Kailash
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.