1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MultiJet Emotion FTA or ...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by venom, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venom

Hello Folks

I have already booked a Linea Multijet Emotion (non-pack) last month (December 2010). And I was alloted an August 2010 make car. (because of lack of availability of cars - as informed to me by the dealer).

I love the car, but now considering the sales figure trend of Fiat, which is falling at an alarming rate, I am utterly confused regarding whether to go for this car or not. What if Fiat shuts down ? What will happen to my car ? etc.... all these thoughts make me nervous.

For me, the Car buying experience has been anything but pleasurable. The dealer has been helpful till now, but I m seriously confused about what to do? There are just too many ifs and buts. :mad:
    Mind tells me to move away from Linea (or the Fiat brand in general), where as the heart's aching for a Linea. :sad1
    Please note that I am a Fiat fan, I fight with my colleague to drive his Punto whenever we go out together.
    But its just that I want to have a trouble free experience (as far as possible) with my first car(Yes this, if it happens, will be my first car).

My car has arrived yesterday at the dealership from company's stockyard and the dealer wants to know my final decision. :-?

Please guys, throw in your inputs. I need your help. :anyone PLEASE.

2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Clearly there is a lot of confusion in your mind about Fiat, too many if's and but's going on at this moment. I guess you are the best person to decide how comfortable you will be if you actually buy the car. If you are going to be paranoid about Fiat pulling out of India or about getting service and spares then I guess it's better to buy a 'safe' car. Why put yourself through all the discomfort all the time?

On the other hand, if you love the Linea so much, why not wait for January sales to come in? Give it another month. Tell the dealer you are considering the T-Jet and hence need more time to take a final call. Don't worry about the dealer's pressure tactics, if he says I will not hold the car for you, tell him to go ahead and sell it if he gets a customer. Trust me. With Fiat sales, you really don't have to worry about this FTA Linea Emotion going anywhere too soon!
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

That is worst case scenario and we have been hearing these things since last 10-15 years but has anything changed ? Nothing, except FIAT is bringing new models.

Even if FIAT Shut's down, you will loose the already concerned resale value further down. Maintaining a car may not be a problem. I lived with Matiz without company support for 6 years. I got all the parts i wanted to maintain the car

Hope this helps

4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, Fiat is shutting down looks imaginary situation. No company at this time will leave Indian market, at-lest for next decade. After China, this is the biggest market after-all.

Low sales for few months, is bad, but nothing alarming. Except spare delays sometimes, most of the owners are getting reasonable service from Tata.

I agree with amit, if you still have concerns, wait for few months to see how sales are heading.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    enim, FIAT is here to stay,
    FIAT's Engine is been used in many cars, do not at all a question to go back,
    Just go ahead with the car bussy, and enjoy the awesome driving pleasure.
  6. I am no expert but i guess all those who visited the FIAT factory in Dec'09 will surely agree that it doesn't seem likely that FIAT is going to shut down the shop any time soon. I totally understand your doubts about the car because my GP is my first car too. But believe me, even after over an year of ownership, the pleasure i get when hold that steering wheel is like nothing else.
  7. Servicing wont be a problem as you would get spares for 10 long years (max) as stipulated by the automobile association.
    Resale would be very very bad.

Whatever said and done, you would forget everything the moment you crank the engine and hold that chunky steering wheel.

FIAT wont shut shop. India is a very important and emerging market to be ignored. FIAT is planning to launch a small car in 2012, exclusive showrooms and service centres in important cities etc. So i feel FIAT is here to stay.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I have few twisted questions for you....

1. You are looking for Linea MJD Emotion, means budget is 8lacs.. Now Other options for you are Fiesta TCDI, Verna CRDi, DZire VDI.... If you happen to listen to your brain and buy one among those... You will still be fighting with your friend to drive his Punto and he will never fight you to drive any of these.... However much we listen to our brain, heart always rules... Go ahead and listen to your heart and buy the car that you will enjoy to drive for the time you keep it.

2. Are you sure, that if you buy any other car it will definitely have a good re-sale value and FIAT will have a bad re-sale value, you are not buying the car to sell it the next day, you will keep it for 4-5 years and trust me 4-5 years is a long time to think about re-sale.... First thing first is the happiness that you will get when you drive the car daily.

3. Have you ever asked your friend about the After Sales Service. whether he is happy or not with it. Linea does not need to go to the Service Center that often... in most cases it will be mostly once a year or at max twice an year ... Even if the Tata guys don't treat you like king for these two-three days an year... rest 362 days in the year you are a king driving the Linea...

Rest is your call....

FIAT Punto ~20000kms (15 months)
    No niggles, no big issues... Just drive and drive...
    1 person likes this.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Brilliant response by Shashank !!

I understand your apprehensions. You are not the first one who is in doubts about the future of Fiat after looking at the recent sales figures.

But if the question "Will Fiat stay in India" is bothering you : my advice : don't feel bothered.
    1 person likes this.
  10. venom

Hi Guys

Thank you all for replying.

I am least worried about resale because I plan to keep the car for at least 5-6 years if not more.
    You guys have seriously got me thinking. :-?

Please keep your suggestions flowing in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.