1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Turbo Pressure fault.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sanj1ay, Jan 5, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One more example of pathetic After Sales Service Centre of TATA regarding Turbo Problem. :firey

Good luck for your Turbo Repair.
  2. mrohit17

mrohit17 Timido

Gandhidham
    Sorry Sanjay for the very delayed reply. I did face the exactly similar issue in my Punto two months back. After checking all wirings and electronics the trial was done by replacing the turbo unit and that solved the problem. The turbo unit in my car was replaced under warranty.

Hope your problems have been sorted by now. For further details you may ask your dealership technical personnel to speak to technical personnel handling Fiat at Universal Aspi Motors Ahmedabad.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    To
    mrohit

Was there any ECU error ?

I mean did you faced turbo problem wothout any ECU error ? Please update quickly in some details

Because Iam facing same problem from last 10 months without any ECU error. You might have read my topic " Loss of Power "
  4. mrohit17

mrohit17 Timido

Gandhidham
    Sanjay,

Everytime I tried to accelerate quickly there was loss of power (turbo failure) just after 2500RPM. The problems I faced were exactly similar as described by you. As soon as turbo failure occured MID showed the error "Check Engine" and the Injector failure light would glow up on the meter console.

Give me a call if you need any other details. As I wrote you can even get in touch with Aspi guys as they were able to sort my problem out although after some trial and error.
  5. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Is it not covered under warranty??? i talked to one mechanic today, one linea (MJD) is there with him since last 1 month. he is telling the turbo is out of order and needs to be replaced. More over he said it is out of warranty....strange???
  6. Sanj1ay

Sanj1ay

Indore
    @ mrohit17 - thanks so much for your input. It will really help to solve the problem quickly.

When I got the car checked at Bhopal, I was en-route on a long road trip. I wasted 3 hours there & when the mechanics there were still thinking trial & error, I decided to carry on with my trip & get it fixed at a later date when I had more time.

My purpose of posting here was because the problem with my car seemed uncommon, (the Bhopal dealership had not encountered it before), & the mechanics / engineer there didn't seem quite sure of what they were doing.

Thanks again. Your experience will help a lot!
  7. Sanj1ay

Sanj1ay

Indore
    Hi all!

Sorry for updating you on the status after so long.
    The issue was ultimately resolved after a lot of trials & errors by the Bhopal dealer.
    It ultimately turned out that the turbocharger needed cleaning! They tried another turbocharger in my car (from their demo car), & it solved the problem.
    They then opened up my turbocharger & found it choked with dust! Seems the air-intake of the turbocharger does not have sufficient filtering for our conditions.

rgds,
    Sanjay.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ did they open turbo totally? did they clean the vanes? what about the seals bearings etc?

how much did they charge u. please post all the details
  9. Sorry to b late here....

I have Punto 90hp.

I have been facing the same problem for the last 10 months.

I m still facing this problem but without engine warning light indication.

I brought it to service center so many times, but everytime they have new excuse.

Should I also fit a new Turbo, ....my car has extended warranty upto aug. 2014.

Can anybody tell me, what is the difference between 90hp Turbo and 76hp Turbo, ...coz I heard that all the Turbos of Linea, 90hp Punto and 76hp Punto r same?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    90Hp turbo is a Variable Geometry Turbo and 75 is a Fixed geometry turbo.

90hp costs around 32000 and 75 hp costs 17000 rs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012