1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea - MJD or T-Jet?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Somnath Maitra, Dec 18, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Tough to say man, depends how much the money saved means to you personally. I'd say if you are getting some sizeable discounts on a new Linea T-jet instead, stretch and go for it. Other than the issue of front grill and bumper styling (your aesthetic call) the new Linea has myriad improvements: nvh, gear shift, clutch smoothness, ride suppleness, internal ambience, overall refinement, some equipment too eg., a better ICE setup.

cheers, happy anxious decision-making! ;)
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For emotion variant, the automatic climate control, cruise control and host of other improvements as suggested by Prabhjot, all are great to have features. If you can postpone decision making in next month or perhaps post March, you could find much more discounts on unsold stock of face-lift. Is you budget restricted to Dynamic version old/new shape? Waiting can help you get Emotion variant with better discounts. However, I heard there were some excise updates (increments) proposed for new year. Do get an idea of that time frame and make a purchase move before that.

Frantic hunting for a car deal from various dealers and sales agencies leads to that odd steal of a deal. I have seen a couple of such experiences of friends.

Best of Luck..!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I had the same confusion on whether to go for new Linea or pre face-lift Linea . Finally booked the pre face-lift Linea mjd as my running will be 1200kms per month plus travelling outstation. Some of the pointers for choosing the pre face-lift.
    • Somehow the space between the clutch and dead pedal is too narrow in the new Linea and hence my foot used to rub the dead pedal each time I press the clutch. I have taken multiple test drives of both new and old Linea and I am sure on this. I have been driving my punto close to 3.5 years now and have never felt this issue. Even my friend who is punto owner confirmed me the same.
    • Both me and my wife liked the classic looks of older Linea than the sport look of new Linea. ( Personal opinion)
    • I felt AC to be better cooling in old Linea
    • I know biege interior is difficult to maintain but in my entire 10 years of car driving I never had a car with complete biege interiors hence the old Linea had complete biege which I liked ( Personal opinion) :)
    • The one feature which will be sorely missed in old Linea is the cruise control.
    Somnath Maitra likes this.
  4. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    @ prabhjot Asthetically I prefer the older design, but the other host of improvements you have mentioned can't be ignored.
    @ asimpleson Mine would be a Dynamic, but deference in ride quality would be a major issue. Problem will be convincing Austin, as I have already paid 50,000/- as booking amount, and they may not be ready to allow a change... any previous experience in such situation ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2014 ---
    @ Vishi What is you opinion on ride quality, (suppleness, suspension setting) clutch and NVH level ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ride quality, clutch and shifting gears remained the same for me between old and new as I did the TD back to back in the same broken roads. But nvh is slightly better in new Linea may be by 5%. Again these are mjd comparisons and not tjet with Emotion top end version. I have not driven dynamic variant. I would prefer you consider Emotion variant. Dealers will be accept the change if only booking amount is paid and no other further processing is done.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Somnath Maitra, Well you can always request politely. Besides is the order placed already or a car alloted to you. Speak to the senior most guys and request for a hold of booking payment or a refund, depending on their mood. Ask them if a deal on facelift etc. is possible.
  7. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi @asimpleson I have discussed this with the GM Sales of Austin, he is saying that they have already brought the car on my order and it will be difficult for them to sale it to some other customer and they may not get the discount from Fiat after this month. In fact I am not denying my indiscision for this situation... :p
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Somnath Maitra, do the PDI very thoroughly and find out a couple of issues in the car procured for you. ;) That could set the discussion in your favor. Go for TJet facelift model if you can, though the discount is much lesser and around 75K.
    Somnath Maitra likes this.
  9. Suman

Suman Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Somnath go for facelift T-jet Emotion. You will never regret.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Can't agree with @Suman more. It's peach of a car and Emotion variant has got what all one would desire.