1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea - MJD or T-Jet?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Somnath Maitra, Dec 18, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No worries on the FE. I know people who have even got 18 kmpl on T-Jet on highway. It all depends on the traffic and your driving style. What I can assure you is that T-Jet is really not a fuel guzzler.
    kgk and Somnath Maitra like this.
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Somnath Maitra please share otr after discount. Is the discount flat or after adjustments. Also share before price (ex showroom)

Congratulations for the booking and definitely if driven correctly I read in other thread it definitely gives a handsome fuel efficiency.
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats on your selection...:) T JET should be able to do justice here.;)
    Somnath Maitra likes this.
  4. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I initially thought my monthly run will be of 800 Km and I went ahead and booked T-Jet. I never knew I will do 14k km in 1 year ;)

Anyway, it has been 14k km of bliss.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    This thing happens to many, once there is new car, trips are automatically planed. :)
    Somnath Maitra and rishike007 like this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In addition to this, if you are having Fiat's new car then the chances are unplanned trips are more & more :)
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well for me it was the other way round. Me and my wife love travelling.

We bought a Punto 90 HP so that we can plan more and more trips.

We already had 4 trips totalling 7K kms since Jun 14 months with another 2K trip planned in January 15.

I am counting trips > 500 kms here. Mine has lready cloked 13 k kms averaging 61 km/day.

I do not use my car for daily office travel. Only use till now is trips and highway drive. Almost 70% is on highways.

@Somnath Maitra if possible and stretch to get the Emotion. Its gives the peace of mind as you have all saftety features.

If I am not wrong dynamic misses out of airbags. Any other goodies that you will be missing.

The problem with Fiat and most other manufacturers(except VW and Toyota I guess) are the differential features between the mid and top end variant can not be retro fitted outside. Things like ABS/ Airbags /Rear Wipers etc can not be fitted outside.

So in case one is planning to keep the car for more than 3 years its better to stretch a little more( between 1 - 1.5 K EMI) and get the top end model.

With Fiats and especially TJET one is bound to hit the higways a lot more. The above stats for my car proves it as well.

In case you are sure about using the car more in the city even the mid variant would be fine. Think about it
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    @himanshu4886 they are offering a flat 2lac discount on ex-showroom price.
    @nibedk you are absolutely right on your opinion but in this case the emotion has only cruise control, 16inch alloys, lether upholstry and some lounge effect light extra. Still I think I should hv booked emotion only, anyway I would replace the wheels with 16inch 205/60 before delivery. I may try the avvey diamond cut alloys... don't no how it would look...
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Somnath Maitra Not sure about Lineas. But Punto dynamic doesn't have airbags and alloys. I thought the same would apply to Lines as well. If what you have mentioned as the difference between dynamic and emotion on TJET then dynamic seems more VFM. Always miss not having bought the TJET.
  10. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi fellow TFians, as I posted in detail earlier about my booking, the T-jet Dynamic Linea has arrived in showroom. I have not seen it yet. I am still having some confusion, so asking for suggestions... As the car is a Jan'14 manufactured one it must be a pre-facelift model. I am confused wheather that model should be prefered over a facelifted one for a 1.5lac discount.. Please give suggestions as I have got to confirm it tomorrow. Seasons greetings for all.