1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea - MJD or T-Jet?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Somnath Maitra, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Hi TFians I am going to book my linea today but I am still confused between T-jet and MJD.... all suggestions are wellcome on the long term ownership cost. My monthly run will be about 600kms all in city with ac on always, with once a year monthly clocking of 2500kms, mixed traffic ac on.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    T-Jet makes more sense for 600KMs per month drive.

What else are the things you are confused with?

Few points I can think of are -
    - T-Jet is more powerful, and smoother
    - MJD will give more FE, but for your run, not much to worry on fuel cost
    - T-Jet - maintenance cost might be little higher on T-Jet, but I don't think difference will be not be so much to worry about.

Finally, check the current big offers going on.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi

No brainer.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Looking at your running, a petrol car makes more economic sense. Go for the T-jet. I guess you are in good time for buying a Fiat vehicle coz there are some great discounts available. Bargain hard and even T-jet will become value for money car.
    Somnath Maitra and prabhjot like this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    If MJD and T-Jet at almost same price then MJD if you are not more concerned about the performance part of car.
    for average joe MJD makes good sense, more FE and less maintenance in future.
    also 600 km pm will not be harmfull to MJD ;)
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    How long do you intend owning and running this car? If it is from now to eternity ;-) then sure you might consider going for the mjd despite your small running-per-month, else it is indeed a no-brainer: the t-jet. Not that the mjd does not have as much torque, but a turbocharged petrol is something else.

It's a very reliable engine, like all fiat engines, most of the rest of the parts are shared with the mjd. Some parts are more expensive e.g., brake pads, but then they would be, wouldn't they?, since it is a very powerful car with class-best braking (2.7m better stopping distance from 80 kph to 0 than a Honda City!)

Decent fuel efficiency even in traffic with AC on if driven properly. And petrol prices are down bigtime, and are going to stay that way for a fair while.

All the best. Do post updates on your purchase and ownership experiences.
  7. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

600 Kms / Month... T Jet
    You are not spending too much on Fuel as there is not much of distance to be covered... And you would also get a performance car, so you can enjoy the FIAT.. Both Mild way & Wild way... ;)
    limraj, himanshu4886 and prabhjot like this.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I was in the same confusion when i decided to buy TJet+, its four years now and no regrets. Go for TJet+
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Well I think you must have done booking by this time. If not then, Tjet makes more sense for less running. But then because of discount season you get 2 lakhs or more discount on mjd then get a MJD as you never know when you fall in love with Fiat and take her for a long drive. (In that case MJD will be cheaper wrt fuel).

For quick response Tjet is the machine one always prefer then MJD.

Do let us know what is your decision?
    Somnath Maitra likes this.
  10. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Thnx to all respondents for your suggestion and advices. I have booked a T-jet dynamic Jan2014 make, on 2lac discount. @prabhjot & @Ravi I actually would love to have this horse running atleast 8 to 10 years ;-p . But didn't hv idea about little higher maintenance cost, however I don't mind that, but somewhat concerned about the FE. Lot of people say that a decent driving style can fetch the T-jet upto 14km/l !!! If that's fact then I would stay with this. Or else I may change to MJD.
    Saket Sidana, Ravi and dadasaheb like this.