1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea mjd or punto sports

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Bobbybpl, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The rear mats for Punto and Linea are different, simply the 3D mats for Punto (rear seats) is a little too short for the Linea. However the front fits perfectly fine. The 3D mats are there in my car, if anybody wants to check please feel free to ask. So had to get the 3M Nomad mats for the rear as the 3D were short.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is the difference lengthwise?. What about the width. Is it fitting perfectly on both?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The problem is the length, the width though a little short is definitely manageable.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Thanks sid for sharing your views, Today I went to see 2011 linea at dealer who had promised me to give satisfactory test drive of the same vehicle. And yes having seen & TDed the 2012 linea, it looked difficult to go straight for older version. I first drove 2011 linea for the 30 km around in city and little in open road and then I took their 2012 linea on the same road. I truly could not find much more refinement, low NVH, improved drivability, handling in 2012 model, the only difference I could notice is the looks with 16" alloys, GC and leather seats.
    Now I come to my initial hiccup regarding the punto sports or Linea- having inspected the 2011 linea thoroughly, I finally made my mind to go with Linea instead, big car with better rear comfort, sufficient boot and pretty face :) especially at the same price I was getting Punto.
    I am sure if I had enough balance for newer Linea, I wouldn't have missed 16"+ leather seats :) so friends, Finally I have booked 2011 linea in Tuscan wine. I shall be taking the delivery by tomorrow evening.
    I have checked the car best as per my knowledge and have asked the dealer to replace all the tyres+ battery+ all fluids. So the actual waiting period starts now :)
    Thanks a ton for the invaluable suggestions friends. I shall write my overall experience in ownership thread.

Bobby
    1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Today I took the delivery of my Linea emotion tuscon wine.
    Thanks a ton for the support friends, I shall write my complete story behind this car :) along with the pictures.

Bobby
    3 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My hearty Congratulations Bobby. Enjoy lakhs of happy miles with her. :)
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations, this thread served it purpose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.