1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea mjd or punto sports

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Bobbybpl, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Extra width of the exterior body NOT = Extra Interior leg-space.

Go measure the floor area and we can take it forward.

To re-iterate, am not claiming that Linea is a Punto with a boot.

Longer wheelbase is to accomodte the boot and the more setback rear seat.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Are you saying that the extra width of Linea is not adding any extra space in Linea?
    Those who have experienced both cars can give a correct answer instead of me going with a meter scale to showroom and measuring both. :)
  3. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    forgot to mention, I felt cabin was much more silent in punto comparatively.
    EDIT- punto was around 4k and Linea was 1.5k on odo.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

One simple question, why are the floor mats shared between the two ? They are snug fit the same way in both the cars. Why? Just because the cabin legspace is same. I will measure and post here when I get time. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt the snug fit bit. While what you are saying might be true for the front foot well, there surely is a space between the AC vent and the mat in Linea, while the same mat is a snug fit in the Punto. I am talking about the aftermarket 3D mats here. Check this post.

Rajan
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Even my vote would be on Linea provided a thorough PDI is done.

PS : T Jet+ price is mouthwatering. Is it even lower than 2012 Linea 1.4 NA FIRE Emotion?
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

A couple of weeks back, a 2010 BNW T-Jet was invoiced for 6.7 L OTR, by VST, Chennai.

How mouth watering is that? It was even cheaper than a Punto Dynamic 75hp MJD!!
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you do a thorough PDI and if there are no issues with the 2011 Linea, then I would strongly recommend Linea MJD.

I have owned and driven 90HP. Now, owning Linea. I can say from my experience that Linea is indeed more fun to drive than the 90HP. If you have any more questions, let me know. I would be glad to answer.

This is not true. Linea has more rear legroom than the Punto. Also, the seats used in Linea is totally different from that of Punto including the front seats. Linea seats are more comfy. The difference in wheelbase between Punto and Linea itself is a clue that Linea has more space inside the cabin.
  9. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Thanks a ton for the suggestions friends,
    My query is, If I go for 2011 Linea, will I miss the improved quality, refinement and better ergonomics ? I am not sure how overall refined is the 2012 linea over its older version.
    Also, is that true linea has more engine noise at higher RPM ? Or I could not test the NVH level properly. While driving Punto 75 hp I could easily attain 130 speed, how fast and responsive is MJD in linea comparatively ?

Thanks
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Read this - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/4366-linea-2012-short-review.html#post84041

NVH is indeed low in Linea than 90HP.
    Come on. If you could easily attain 130 with 75hp, just imagine how better it would be with Linea and 90hp. The real fun starts after 100 kmph in both Linea MJD and 90HP.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.