1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea mjd or punto sports

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Bobbybpl, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Friends, I have already booked punto sports which I am suppose to get on 28th of this month. Today I went to the dealer with a friend who is looking for punto active 1.2, there i met a executive who gave me a fantastic deal on 2011 linea MJD emotion pack and 2011 Tjet +.
    On road price I am offered are-

2011 Linea MJD emotion pack ( Tuscan wine) 8,20,000/-
    2011 Linea Tjet + ( BNW) 7,55,000/-
    Since my monthly running is around 1500km, I am not seriously considering Tjet for the running expences reason. However, my running would be 90% in city.

So here the confusion goes- should I stick to Punto sports which I am getting soon or buy 2011 make Linea emotion pack at the same price of Punto sports ?

Since my usage will be 90% in city, I really don't care about the extra boot in Linea. I drove the Linea but the TD was so short that I could not compare both the cars.
    Friends, please share your views comparing Punto and Linea in terms of power, ease of driving, comfort.

Thanks
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    2011 Linea Tjet + ( BNW) 7,55,000/-

Sorry. I could not read past this. :D :D

Rajan

PS: Forced myself and saw this " Since my usage will be 90% in city, I really don't care about the extra boot in Linea.". If you think the Linea is a Punto with a boot attached, sorry, you should not be buying FIAT
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bobby, if your drive is going to be mainly in city and you don't see usage of boot, buy Sports, because -
    - Newly Build
    - Linea must be at dealership for a long time, so unsure how they might have kept.

Having said that the offers on Linea, specially T-Jet is mouthwatering.

Whatever you take, do PDI properly.
  4. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Thanks for the input Rajan, I am sure about the Tjet, its not a stretched punto.
    I am interested in MJDs :) and engine specs confirms the same heart under both hoods.

Thanks
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It all comes down to what makes you feel better.. Some people would hands down buy a sedan becuase they like big cars. Some like sporty hatches ...
    As Ravi puts it, its also a matter of practicality that one should look at.

Be it the linea or punto , both are great cars ..
    Linea is not Punto with a boot.
    Some people like the aura of a sedan and if your one belonging to that then the linea it is for you, else its the punto.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh, come on. That same heart does duty in many cars in India, so much so, it is fondly referred to as the "National Engine". So, any car that runs this heart, is not a Punto in disguise. The Linea and the Punto do not share even one single body panel, BTW.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbybpl

Bobbybpl

Bhopal
    Indeed :)
    Heart says drive less and buy Tjet, mind does math.
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The windshield is the same for both and so are the floor mats, which translates that the floor area available to the passengers is also the same.

Also, I guess that the front doors are the same. Then the dashboard, door pads, instrument console, etc are the same albeit the shade difference.

Between the Sports n the Linea, I have heard that the Punto is more FTD. Get a TD and decide.

I would pick the Linea for the snob value and better rear seat it offers.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I've driven both 90HP and Linea and feel Linea is much more composed than the Punto including the braking. It also accelerates faster even though the kerb weight is higher. If I have to pick between the 90HP and Linea - my vote would be for Linea. If we had an 1.6 MJD on Punto it takes the game to next level.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Not correct.
    Linea is wider than Punto. Also have a longer wheel base. They are two different child of Fiat. Not like Dezires. If you check the width of Dezire and Swift they are same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.