1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea MJD Medium grey

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by japa78, Nov 27, 2010.

1. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Hey japa thats great mileage you are getting. What is the speed you drive on highways that you get such outstanding figures.
  2. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    mileage

on the highway once i shift top the top gear as far as possible i will never change gears,i drove from madurai to tindivanam changing gears just once !!! lock in the driving speed at around 80 if you are not in a hurry,you will get 26kmpl.if you cross 100 then the mileage drops a bit,but ive tested a number of times and at 80 constant the mileage is the best!this also prevents you from changing gears often,drive smoot ,steady and low or no gear change!! in city its a mad mad world and you can end up from 15 to 19 kmpl depending on roads and traffiic!!
    :redcar
  3. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    yesterday while backing up I bumped into a tree ,my right rear tail lamp was broken.i asked Concorde ambattur and they told me they have no stock!! and will cost 3k for just one tail lamp.Is this a rip off or is the quote wrong?any of u guys got a better deal somewhere else pl let me know.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Tail-lamp cluster is imported, and hence, very costly due to very high customs duty and shipping.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You need to search our forum, this post shall help. Forget talking to Concorde for spares just order it from here and get it fixed. No point in following with those guys.
  6. Any chance to check with VST ? I believed that they are having more stocks than any other centers in chennai ..

Ajit
  7. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    done 23k kms and still going strong.It still gives me 26kms/lit @ 80kms steady driving on highway! super car super feel super drive!!!
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    :( above 100 mileage drops? Hmmmm when on higways I always drive between 120-140.....
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    done 55 k kms and spent about 95k in maintenence so far!! so works out to Rs.1.72/km major jobs were changed the ground clearence kit-28k,changed 4 new tyres yokohama super quiet DB 23k,changed to amaraja battery 4.7k,replaced brake pads twice @ 3.3k every time,and got the cooling fan chnaged FOC under xtended warranty. After the ground clearence kit change now it rides like an ambassador but has the luxury of BMW!!! awsome...but the earlier low slung ride was great and felt fantastic on highways,i notice a shade of body roll now after the kit change,vut overall iam a very happy man with my linea,it races like a petrol car in any signal and takes off like a rocket when the pedal is floored...would buy this car again and again.....
  10. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    just finished my 75000 kms service,now may car is 5 years old and i can, with great admiration say that the car is as good as new drives just that way and the engine is gotten much smoother now after the nice run in.cost of overall maintenence Rs.2/ km for a 75K kms run ,Ive spent about Rs.1,55,000/- so far on maintenece in the last 5 years all done from Ambattur RDC Fiat worskhop.They are pretty good and I continue to get things done there.I have a quirky feeling that the Line which I got first in 2010 was much better in road handling and low body roll but after I kept hitting the speed breakers etc I got the suspension kit upgrade which evetually raised the ground clearence ,now no hits on speed breakers on any bashed up roads,but the body roll has increased and the driveablity on the highway does not feel the same ,road hugging old linea is gone but thats the compromise we have to make for our roads!!!I face no other issue with the car gives me still 22 on the highway and 18 in city roads!!