1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea MJD Medium grey

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by japa78, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Congrats! Great Selection!
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations & Welcome aboard, japa78
  3. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    still mulling over the alloy wheels.
    see the posts by maverick really scary,cracked and bent alloys what a nightmare? so which brand to buy LENSO,MSW and OZ in that order respectively according to ascending price line!! guys agree?? :redcar

Hi Japa
    These are AVA alloys from Handsome. Got them from hyderabad. Cost Rs. 15k for set of 4 (fitting charges not included). Got no idea about HR. On potholes just be extra cautious. I made a mistake by reducing the tyre profile. I suggest if ur changing to alloys either maintain 60 profile tyres or increase to 65 (this may offset some impact). My tyres are 55/205. They look great, the handling is amazing, the ride on flat roads is fabulous. But the car rubs every breaker with more than 2 people. So besides the alloys be careful to choose the right set of tyres. By the way the tyres are MAXXIS. They are much much better & comfortable than goodyears.

Anup

Arian, You are right. Some of my friend went in for HR and Plati alloys on thier drive. During pothole drives the wheels were either found to be deform/crack. Though very economical (<20K) need to be cautious. Lenso which cost around 25K are good alloys. MSW and OZ racing very good wheels, they are light and strong.OZ racing alloys are used on racing tracks all over the world. I have OZ on my drive and had no problem with pothole during couple of drives from Banaglore to Mangalore even with lower profile tires (205/50 R16). They are pricey (>30K) but peace of mind is what everyone looks for ultimately. However careful you are,even then one will encounter potholes and bumps on roads like the one I encountered in Bangalore last week. It was a huge manhole protruding atleast a feet above road level and for a second me and other occupants in the car were seeing stars.
    maverick123
  4. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    Just finished 3k kms servicing from TAFE Acess. No major issues with the car just small things like glove box adjustment,boot adjustment,the invoice value for the service was ZERO!!!!
    got the steering wheel and gear knob covered with pure cow softy leather feel absolutely divine to drive now.will post some pics soon!
  5. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    logged in 6500 kms and drove Madurai to chennai in 4.5 hours at 100-to 120 constant touched 153 at some spots.car is rock steady and feels just great.got a mileage of 19km/lt of dsl.
    what a superb car! Fiat marketing is pathetic which such a fantastic product!!
  6. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    steering remote

got a steering remote for my Pioneer HU.works great and just cost me 900/- its really useful when driving in the city traffic!

IMG00032-20110410-1807.jpg
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    great choice of color bro congrats!! hv fun with ur Italian beauty!! happy n safe motoring!!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    can you please upload few more photos of your Linea. I am planning to buy Linea & confused in White & gray.
  9. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    was sudenly loosing mileage and the check engine light kepty popping up.drove down to concorde with great hesitation (about service!) and told them my problem.waited for 30 mins and they checked and told me that the turbo hose had a leak.so told them to fix it the next day and they replaced it Free of cost!! the service was good and they kept asking me if i was satisfied.I got a call from Pune asking me if I was happy with the service too! now the mileage on the odo reads like bajaj chetak, 25kms/l on highway and 19 km/l on city roads! concorde ambattur though looks shabby and you need to wait even if you have an appointment,but work gets done and like you never expected it ! I think FIAT service has done well so far with me.Done 9k kms and enjoying every bit of it!.............
  10. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    Got my 12 month service done last week at concorde ambattur.shoddy service as usual but the car was serviced well.I book an appointment one week ahead and still had to wait 30 mins to get the chaps to look at me.anyway 15k kms no complaints fantastic performace now the cost of running a linea is the same as my honda activa!!!fab mileage paid 6k for the service oil change is the major cost 3.6k and other filters and tyre rotation,wheel alingnment and balancing.Running like a dream.Every single one who have driven on it has admired it so much!! great product sold thru a pathetic sales outlet and a horrendous service station! Gave a piece of my mind to the pune service guys ,if fiat come out of the clutches of Tata they will survive but with tata its tata for fiat!! what a car but ,its a superb machine in city as well as on the highway.feels like sitting in a godrej safe compared to driving in a coke can in other japanes/korean cars!!!had a right door beading water leak fixed it otherwise nothing to complain about the car! still gives me 26kms/lt of dsl on a highway driving a steady 80kmph.Wow what a CAR!love u Fiat....