1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD gear and clutch pedal hardness and engine starting problem.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Shivam, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Does it happen regularly that you have to press the accelerator few times and then car starts? If this is happening continuosly you might have to check the throttle position sensor.
  2. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    No warning lights appear on mid they used to appear before changing battery.

- - - Merged Post - - -

this thing does not happens regularly,I doubt if there is some problem with the fuel pump.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    I used to have this weird problem where i had to accelerate little bit while cranking the engine.As usual battery was the culprit! Changed it and problem solved.Regarding clutch hardness, first of all tell TASS to bleed the clutch.Secondly for hard gearshifts tell them to lubricate the shifting cable (this is what they had told me).Even afterall all this if it doesn't satify then replace the whole clutch kit and tell them to change the gear shifting cable!!
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I have the same battery but mine's Petrol. I have no issues since 1 month when I changed it. Get your new battery checked to see if it has lost charge already. If yes, you have a battery drain problem or your alternator is not doing it's job well.
  5. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Thanx for quick replies
    I will get the alternator checked but i doubt that battery has lost charge as the starter motor turns fully normal after changing battery when compared to starting with old battery.Could there be any problem with fuel pump of the car?
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    A fuel pump issue would be visible in the Examiner I think. Here in Mumbai they charge 1,440 for a scan :eek:. Visit your battery place and get it checked anyway, it's usually free and they would have proper equipment to check voltage under full load. For all you know, the new battery could be faulty. After a few years of ownership one thing I have realized is that your car's fitness is ENTIRELY up to you. And that includes checking the work done by others on your car!
  7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Ture! but these TASS people dont let you stand near your vehicle when they service it,they will say Saar please sit in customer lounge or else supervisor will fine us:-x
    Other than TASS people i have never taken my car to other mechanics.
    I will get battery and alternator checked.
    Regarding fuel pump check with examiner it cant be done at TASS as they say their eaxaminer's software is faulty.Is there any other way out.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I'm afraid the only way to check for errors is with the tool. There's another thread under DIY section where people have had success getting an ELM327 OBD II connector and using software from the net to read the data. You may want to give that a shot or see if somebody on the forum close by can lend their's to you.
  9. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Update:-Starting Problem Resolved issue was regarding high pressure fuel pump (guess was right)

Got the starting problem resolved about a month back,after much hit and trial FASS was able to diagnose the problem as faulty fuel pump which i was pointing from beginning,it was proved when technicians found particular error in examiner.FASS told fuel pump has to be sent for repair to Bosch.Fuel pump was sent to Bosch service centre chandigarh for repair leaving the car at workshop for about 5 days.
    The car now starts fine,feels good that finally problem was solved.
    Regarding Gear cables i got them changed few months back and also the clutch kit.
  10. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    I am facing the same problem before starting the car. The battery is brand new and face this problem sometimes when I don't use car for more than 3 days.
    Got the estimate of Rs. 20000 approx to repair High Pressure Fuel pump from R. S. Motors ,Mumbai.

Need help regarding this issue.